12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If FFP is such a massive issue can't we just sell an under team player to a league 1 side for £200k or something and add this to the fee payable day 1.  Something to get this over the line. Needs to be done by Thursday night really for him to play a part against Full of Ham. 

Doubt he would play against Fulham even if signed by then.  He hasnt trained much, needs to get up to speed and he hasnt played matches.  I would be surprised if he played given his lack of training and matches recently, it would likely just be too soon.  After some alone training he looks like he only rejoined WB team training yesterday so is probably down on fitness for game readiness

At some stage we are going to have to face up to it - he does not want to come here - never did.

If he wanted to come to us he would have been here by now.

At best, we will be his final option, when he realises no one else wants him.

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

At some stage we are going to have to face up to it - he does not want to come here - never did.

If he wanted to come to us he would have been here by now.

At best, we will be his final option, when he realises no one else wants him.

I told you already it’s not him, it’s WB holding up. 

grigor dimitrov miami open reactions GIF by Miami Open

3 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

We’re into full on poker face now. Whose need is more pressing? Do Villa need the player desperately, or do Werder need the €s more desperately? There’ll be a middle ground to be had, and Rashica will be unveiled Friday morning, 9am!

I think the 3 points yesterday have given us some calm around that tbh. 

32 minutes ago, Farlz said:

🙄

Honestly, Werder can get to f*ck at this point, what a waste of time and energy (including theirs) trying to get a deal over the line on their apparently very strict terms. 

It's a bit like Brentford with Benrahma for me - totally daft to leave a player out of your squad in preparation for a move on the one hand, while being unwilling to compromise with the bidding club/s on the other.

As a short term principle - when a deal is very close - it makes perfect sense. Keep the player injury-free and start transitioning the squad, introducing his replacement etc. If a deal isn't close or you're not happy with the inquiries/offers then you're only affecting his match fitness and future value, as well as sending out a message that you want rid of him - which surely is no way to strongarm another club into paying more than they're willing.

Would Rashica be our most highly speculated non-signing of all time if he doesn’t sign? I can’t think of a bigger one, in terms of speculation, longevity, etc. 

What was the name of the midfielder in France we pined after all summer, about five years ago before we got relegated? Name started with a B I think. He was with Montpellier or similar.