Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah, i agree to an extent. The original comment was to not believe their hype though. I don't think they are over-hyped at the moment. I think there is a solid foundation for optimism for them (as much as it annoys me to say :D). They have ALOT that would be attractive to incoming players over us though unfortunately at this moment in time.

I don't see Rashica as a solid link yet as its only come from BM who are clickbait merchants, but if it were true we have one thing going for us and that is that Wolves are overstacked in wide areas and we could play the "you'd start every game card"... 

As I say they’re doing pretty well. The  media never hype Midlands clubs so generally most of the hype is coming from their own lot. However for an all conquering “big club”, they seem to be somewhat obsessed with us.... Still. 

Edited by DaveAV1

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t disagree with that Dem but in my opinion, they’re not a team we can’t compete with in the transfer market. 

Oh we can but i dont see how we can get away with spending another 100m+ with no sales.

There will be ffp repercussions once the frezze is over with

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh we can but i dont see how we can get away with spending another 100m+ with no sales.

There will be ffp repercussions once the frezze is over with

I don’t know how the freeze works to be honest. Can we spend what we like for the next 12 months and ffp can’t touch us? 

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He might be. He might not be. Either way it may explain why (if) we are looking at a guy who plays a similar position.

Preparing for Grealish eventually not being here seems prudent

I'm happy you're so confident. Unfortunately your opinion is based on a hunch and not much more. But see above for my answer anyway.

I'll believe it when the transfer window closes and he's still here.

{cough} 

SLAMS SHUT

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Spend £100, get £150 in TV money every year.  Not sure how that breaches FFP.

Salaries, agent fees, signing bonuses... Not saying we'll fail FFP but it's more than transfer fees that cost money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t know how the freeze works to be honest. Can we spend what we like for the next 12 months and ffp can’t touch us? 

No, you can only break the FFP regs if the economic circumstances caused by the pandemic have caused you to do so - e.g. loss of match-day revenue - IIRC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Not convinced we are interested 

To be fair, we have been linked with him constantly for months on months.

Whether he would want to come here at all is another thing altogether.

As others have pointed out, seems he wants to stay in Germany.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So are we at this rate. 

I thinknyou need to be realistic wolves are a attractive club at present

I agree with you that they are attractive at the moment.

HOWEVER, I think we have a much higher ceiling if we play our cards right.

It's up to us to sell players this.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

No, you can only break the FFP regs if the economic circumstances caused by the pandemic have caused you to do so - e.g. loss of match-day revenue - IIRC. 

That’s pretty open to creative accounting I’d say 😉

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lexicon said:

and big clubs will abuse the ambiguity in that.  What ambiguity you say? The lawyers and accountants will find the ambiguity and as usual get away with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Potential champions league football, world class manager and some players who could be world class within 1 to 2 years (Adama and Jimenez), yep... it's all hype :D 

I thought that you were describing us, until you mentioned those two players! :D

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Leipzig is his preferred destination it appears but they cannot currently afford him. If he comes here it will be for money only IMO and I’m not sure that is a good thing. Don’t know enough about him other than he’s been on our radar for a season now. 

Players primarily move to other clubs because of the money, not too many have a burning desire to play for either Newcastle or Southampton, but they still go there. I agree, I would like players to want to come here, but give them a season and it will soon feel like home, just ask Tyrone.  Having said that, this deal does seem an unlikely one for us to be able to pull off.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Leipzig is his preferred destination it appears but they cannot currently afford him. If he comes here it will be for money only IMO and I’m not sure that is a good thing. Don’t know enough about him other than he’s been on our radar for a season now. 

To be fair, the quality we want will likely be here for money or to use us as a stepping stone.  Players that are dying to play for us probably know we will be their peak on the whole.  Obviously some exceptions to that but its the position we are in.  

I think we need a mixture of both of those type of players because quality is quality at the end of the day and this current squad sometimes feels like we are touching our ceiling yet we only just fought off relegation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I would wash my beard in my own jizz if this happened. 

Are you feeling alright??

What a strange way to shampoo a beard.

Edited by Dave-R

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Are you feeling alright??

What a strange way to shampoo a beard.

The excitement has to go somewhere. 

Hopefully, Milot is reading this and he understands how much we would like him at the club. I don't live in Birmingham, Milot, so you have nothing to worry about in regards to myself.