39 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

It kind've looks like he's decided to discard all of the bling he usually wears, dress like a second year student, and go to Wetherspoons.

It’s either the player himself or every kid who has asked me to buy booze for them outside Tesco

• Haha 1

Just now, SuperTed said:

It’s either the player himself or every kid who has asked me to buy booze for them outside Tesco

I'm sure you used to do that.

Last year, you young-looking bastard ;)

• Haha 1

I hope if he signs he is actually a success. Because this will be like when I bought a new cricket bat 3 games got rained off so when I finally got to play I edged the ball golden duck and the bat snapped in half. 

Rashica you better be worth it!

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I hope if he signs he is actually a success. Because this will be like when I bought a new cricket bat 3 games got rained off so when I finally got to play I edged the ball golden duck and the bat snapped in half. 

Rashica you better be worth it!

I hope you’re a bowler. 

This really is gonna go on for another 2 weeks isn't it.. 😩

Gregg Evans will be even more hated than usual if this doesn't happen after he said it was almost time to get excited a couple days ago. The rocket polisher. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Gregg Evans will be even more hated than usual if this doesn't happen after he said it was almost time to get excited a couple days ago. The rocket polisher. 

An unfortunate but possibly apt phrase given Milot’s nickname. 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I have no idea why anyone takes any notice of Gregg Evans, I've know lumps of wood be more informed of events at Villa Park than that fraud.

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

It's not split that way.

Clubs can choose how to 'structure' the deal i.e. how much is due on what date (similar to a loan.) That's what holds a lot of transfers up. If we give Werder X amount right up front we have to declare that to FFP and Werder can show it as a net positive. But if we want to spread the payments out over time then Werder may demand a larger amount of money over that length of time. Time is money!

Hence why you often hear the structure of the deal is holding things up.

Pretty sure this is incorrect. 

Edit - you were so certain you made me doubt myself a little and I googled it. There are hundreds of sources talking about values being amortised over contracts as well as the controversy with how Derby have done theirs in the last few years. Do you have anything that suggests what you say is correct?

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he’s happy with the deal and we’ve agreed the terms with Werder, what the f*** is the hold up? 

We can’t afford to be waiting 2 weeks for him to end up choosing a different club. 

Probably the structure of the deal. We may have agreef a total fee for I stance but only want 80% of it guaranteed and the rest in bonuses whereas Werder may want 90% in guaranteed fees and only 10% in bonuses they may also want 40% upfront due to their cash issues and we only want to give them 20% upfront for instance. I imagine this happens very frequently as the structure of the deal is what matters to ffp.