Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

FTFY.

Everything has been fine and agreed with the player and us for weeks!

Besides, this whole delay sounds like aload bollocks anyway.

See you soon Milot.

So it's just been Baumann trying to get more add ons etc? Hopefully it will be resolved this week. My nerves can't take much more 😅

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

... My nerves can't take much more 😅

That’s it. This transfer matters in a way others haven’t so much because it will make such a difference to the overall attacking output. Rashica is as important as Watkins imo - and he’s going to be a star for us. 

ITSOTP and then we’ll be ready to give Sheffield a good seeing to. Starting strongly will really set the tone for the season, so fingers crossed it’s done this week. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, supermon said:

What the hold up then? Agent fees?

If I had to clutch at straws I would say it's the final intricate details of the deal between the clubs?

Probably something as silly as a sell on clause percentage that could be holding the whole thing up? Just a wild guess though! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If I had to clutch at straws I would say it's the final intricate details of the deal between the clubs?

Probably something as silly as a sell on clause percentage that could be holding the whole thing up? Just a wild guess though! 

I’ve a feeling it’s payment structure. 
they probably want the payment all up front (due to their financial troubles)  and villa want to pay it in instalments  (due to our FFP)

just my guess

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

they probably want the payment all up front (due to their financial troubles)  and villa want to pay it in instalments  (due to our FFP)

just my guess

A better guess than mine.

36 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

just my guess

Payment structure doesn't affect FFP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Payment structure doesn't affect FFP.

It very much does if you structure your payments over a number of years.

FFP takes into account a rolling 3 year period, so if you pay Werder 1 million a year for 4 years, then 14 million in year 5 it has a huge effect on both clubs accounts. I don't know if the figure is available but the amount of money sloshing about between clubs that owe each other all over the world is probably in the billions.

Edited by TheAuthority

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

It very much does if you structure your payments over a number of years.

FFP takes into account a rolling 3 year period, so if you pay Werder 1 million a year for 4 years, then 14 million in year 5 it has a huge effect on both clubs accounts. I don't know if the figure is available but the amount of money sloshing about between clubs that owe each other all over the world is probably in the billions.

My understanding is that the full amount that is guaranteed on his transfer plus the total guaranteed value of his contract is amortised into a yearly figure?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, paul514 said:

My understanding is that the full amount that is guaranteed on his transfer plus the total guaranteed value of his contract is amortised into a yearly figure?

It's not split that way.

Clubs can choose how to 'structure' the deal i.e. how much is due on what date (similar to a loan.) That's what holds a lot of transfers up. If we give Werder X amount right up front we have to declare that to FFP and Werder can show it as a net positive. But if we want to spread the payments out over time then Werder may demand a larger amount of money over that length of time. Time is money!

Hence why you often hear the structure of the deal is holding things up.

Edited by TheAuthority

9 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It's not split that way.

Clubs can choose how to 'structure' the deal i.e. how much is due on what date (similar to a loan.) That's what holds a lot of transfers up. If we give Werder X amount right up front we have to declare that to FFP and Werder can show it as a net positive. But if we want to spread the payments out over time then Werder may demand a larger amount of money over that length of time. Time is money!

Hence why you often hear the structure of the deal is holding things up.

I’m not arguing about structures of deals affecting transfers, they do that for all sorts of reasons, not least cash flow.

I was just looking for a definitive answer on FFP only.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he’s happy with the deal and we’ve agreed the terms with Werder, what the f*** is the hold up? 

We can’t afford to be waiting 2 weeks for him to end up choosing a different club. 

Remember, all good things come to those who wait 😉

(That's what AVFCRigo would say) 

8 minutes ago, weedman said:

will ferrell panic GIF

So it appears we are being used to induce other interest We should set a deadline for Friday and if not complete we walk away, thus giving us enough time to get over the 300 page mark

If he somehow ends up at Leeds I will be furious

Edited by Follyfoot