Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

He wouldn't get a game at Dortmund surely, where's he playing with Brandt, Hazard,Sancho and the emerging Gio Reyna as options behind Haaland?

Leipzig and Monaco links are more dangerous for us as those are clubs playing in europe regularly and where he can take the next step up in his career.

Interesting people think he's too small and lightweight for English football. Bundesliga is physical and arguably more end to end than premier league. He is also 1.78m. Benrahma is 1.72m and even Watkins as a striker is just 1.80m so minimal difference in height for them.

Personally I'd sign him and Leon Bailey and that's our wings sorted for the next few seasons.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Or everyone could keep putting two or three players on Grealish and the rest of our attack scores for fun. However it plays out on the field adding quality players who can interchange positions is the right move.

Yes, either way it makes us a far better team attacking wise.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He wouldn't get a game at Dortmund surely, where's he playing with Brandt, Hazard,Sancho and the emerging Gio Reyna as options behind Haaland?

Leipzig and Monaco links are more dangerous for us as those are clubs playing in europe regularly and where he can take the next step up in his career.

Interesting people think he's too small and lightweight for English football. Bundesliga is physical and arguably more end to end than premier league. He is also 1.78m. Benrahma is 1.72m and even Watkins as a striker is just 1.80m so minimal difference in height for them.

Personally I'd sign him and Leon Bailey and that's our wings sorted for the next few seasons.

Brandt kind of plays more of a central midfield role so wouldn't be competition for Rashica. I actually rate Rashica higher than Hazard and Reyna is a bit young still. If they sell Sancho, I think Rashica would start pretty much every week for them in his place. He's definitely good enough for that level.

Also, good point about the Bundesliga being more physical. My one and only worry about Rashica is his lack of physicality but as you say the Bundesliga is more physical than the PL so maybe that won't be a worry.

15 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I like your confidence. Maybe you should pledge to get Belhanda's face tattooed on your Bellenda if he does sign?

Don't get me wrong i want him to sign as he seems a class player but we are always linked with this type of player every window only to be left disappointed.

I can think of Coutinho/Belhanda/Sneijder/Dale Stephens to name a few that have fallen threw our grasp over the years..

21 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I've had a soft spot for Weder Bremen for a long time but watched more of them recently, especially this 

"Alle Bremer stinken, alle Bremer stinken, weil sie aus die Weser trinken"

• Haha 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

"Alle Bremer stinken, alle Bremer stinken, weil sie aus die Weser trinken"

Read that and thought you wrote sieg heil. I actually know a fair bit of German mind, but the eyes reads what they want to I guess. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Him and Bailey would be 2 incredible signings. Think Bailey might be Everton bound though.

It sounds like we have been monitoring Rashica for a little while now, and with him already knowing Marvelous we might have a chance of making the signing. All I have to go on is the Youtube videos, but he looks like an exciting player who could adapt to the PL if given the chance. However, I will not get too excited just yet as we all know that these things can change drastically at the 11th hour. Joe Bryan being a case in point.

Year long pursuit of an exciting young talent from Europe, courted by the top German clubs and AC Milan no less, a whirlwind of excitement and expectation. It’s all going to go very Bosko Balaban isn’t it, it would just sum up the last 10 years as a Villa fan!

😂

2 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Private aircraft in yesterday from Bielefeld (Germany, circa two hours from Bremen). Going back out today, 1 passenger each way.

I’ll be keeping an eye on that departure

Legend

2 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Private aircraft in yesterday from Bielefeld (Germany, circa two hours from Bremen). Going back out today, 1 passenger each way.

Love that kind of detective work but Rashica was definitely in training today with Bremen... (pause at 12 seconds)

Could maybe be his agent flying in though?

Edited by Okonokos

5 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

I like but that’s a bit of a stretch surely? Unless I’m missing something.

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Love that kind of detective work but Rashica was definitely in training today with Bremen... (pause at 12 seconds)

Could maybe be his agent flying in though?

Managed to have a look at the arrival, was actually in this morning and yes didn’t look like rashica, carrying more timber shall we say. Any detectives know what his agents look like?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like but that’s a bit of a stretch surely? Unless I’m missing something.

Could well be just found it interesting. Just to be clear I’m far from ITK, just found the location and timing with recent social media stuff interesting. Probably a coincidence but it’s not a “regular” destination for general aviation from here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I have a horrible feeling this is all simply theatre to get Leipzig to meet the asking price. If that is where the player wanted to go, then to suddenly up sticks and head to Brum, feels a little bit of a stretch.

We've been following him for close to a year. While staying in Germany might have been his first choice, this will have given us an opportunity to court him. 

Things can change.

Ask Joe Bryan.

• Like 2