Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

The one thing I don’t get is why Leipzig would be struggling to pay for him having just cashed in on Werner. But I guess maybe if we are happy to go a couple of million higher than them then that works for Bremen... still not really getting my hopes up but think he would do well. 

11 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He plays right across the front line. He can pop up anywhere and make things happen.

Is Werder like a second team or do you just love watching football? 

edit: recall you saying you watched all their games this season. 

Also how much do you rate him?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

22 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Rashica is definitely leaving Bremen. Leipzig agreed terms with him but can't afford the transfer fee so that seems dead in the water at the moment. There do seem to be legs in the links to us. If all they want is £25m then I think we'll pay up and get it done.

I wonder is the transfer fee quite a lot more than the £25m being quoted?? It's not like RB Leipzig are short of a few quid and they're in the latter stages of the CL so FFP is not likely to be an issue for them. With Dortmund looking for crazy money for Sancho maybe Bremen are looking for £40-50m+? Maybe more? 

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

This is exactly what we should be hoping to do if we do sign him and why I'd be so excited by it. It could basically give Grealish more time and space on the ball. And the fact that we're linked with Watkins too suggests we want a front line that can interchange. An interchanging front line would definitely allow Grealish to get even better.

Or everyone could keep putting two or three players on Grealish and the rest of our attack scores for fun. However it plays out on the field adding quality players who can interchange positions is the right move.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

The one thing I don’t get is why Leipzig would be struggling to pay for him having just cashed in on Werner. But I guess maybe if we are happy to go a couple of million higher than them then that works for Bremen... still not really getting my hopes up but think he would do well. 

Historically they've had some debt issues related to FFP (I think). But whether that's the story I dunno 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I wonder is the transfer fee quite a lot more than the £25m being quoted?? It's not like RB Leipzig are short of a few quid and they're in the latter stages of the CL so FFP is not likely to be an issue for them. With Dortmund looking for crazy money for Sancho maybe Bremen are looking for £40-50m+? Maybe more? 

Maybe Bremen don't want to sell to another team in the same league.  I don't think RB Leipzig are particularly popular over there. I reckon we could at least match what other teams are offering for him too, we seem a bit more cash-rich than a lot of clubs. 

I have a horrible feeling this is all simply theatre to get Leipzig to meet the asking price. If that is where the player wanted to go, then to suddenly up sticks and head to Brum, feels a little bit of a stretch.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I have a horrible feeling this is all simply theatre to get Leipzig to meet the asking price. If that is where the player wanted to go, then to suddenly up sticks and head to Brum, feels a little bit of a stretch.

Yep could easily be that. He coudl be tempted by playing in the Premier league though, if he's good enough to get us up the tabel the CL clubs will come knocking like they have for Jack.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Leipzig only have a budget of 30 million for next season and already spent 9 million of it.

Sancho looks like he is staying so dortmund don't need him. Then it becomes us vs wolves and Monaco. Monaco are as shit as us and aren't prem. Wolves aren't going to spend that money on a non-Jorge mendes player. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Wolves aren't going to spend that money on a non-Jorge mendes player. 

They spent £30m+ on Jimenez.   That said, not sure Wolves really need someone in Rashica's position.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'll be very, very surprised if this ends up happening.

Same. We have been here before with Belhanda, Kiyotake, Coutinho, Sneijder etc.

Usually agents or the selling club trying to get more interest in the player.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Why?

I don't expect us to make this kind of signing.

And invariably we get linked to some high profile player every summer and they never happen.

If by some miracle it does happen, it'll be further nails in the coffin of Grealish's Villa career.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why are Leipzig so skint?  They're owned by Red Bull and I though their money was the reason they're good.

Leipzig don't really like to spend much and prefer to buy young and develop them instead of splashing the cash. They rarely buy a player over 25

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is Werder like a second team or do you just love watching football? 

edit: recall you saying you watched all their games this season. 

Also how much do you rate him?

I only watch Villa, Bundesliga and Champions League. I've had a soft spot for Weder Bremen for a long time but watched more of them recently, especially this season.

I rate him extremely highly. He's easily Bremen's best player and can certainly be good enough for Champions League level. He'd fit in well at say Dortmund's level. Would be a massive coup for us.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I'm not sure what is going on with Leipzig to be honest. They've never struggled for money and have obviously just got CL football for the second season running as well as the Timo Werner money. But signs are they don't have much to spend. They've already bought Hwang Hee-Chan for about £9m so that's some of their budget gone and they also seem to be in a dispute with Leeds about Augustin. They are insisting Leeds pay the £20m to make the transfer permanent, which kind of suggests they're trying to get all the money they can. Certainly doesn't sound like a team able to splash the cash. Just not sure why.