Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

I'm confused.  The issue was never whether we are willing to pay €25m , it's pretty clear we would be, but whether the player actually wants to move to a PL team in the bottom half.

If he is half as good as everyone here seems to think he is I'm amazed more teams aren't. 

That latest article from them dieche stube doesn't add much weight I don't think.  If the stage of the window and lack of other interest so far has lowered his requirements then that is a totally different matter. 

Edited by MrBlack

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

I'm confused.  The issue was never whether we are willing to pay €25m , it's pretty clear we would be, but whether the player actually wants to move to a PL team in the bottom half.

If he is half as good as everyone here seems to think he is I'm amazed more teams aren't. 

That latest article from them doesn't add much weight I don't think.  If the stage of the window and lack of other interest so far has lowered his requirements then that is a totally different matter. 

I've genuinely no idea why nobody else seems to be in for him. Especially when Bremen only want £21m.

This appears to be the situation,

Werder are needing to raise funds, so they neeeeed to sell Rashica 

we were in agreement with Werder, but Rashica wasn’t In agreement with Villa, because he wanted to go to RB Leipzig.

RB Leipzig was in agreement with Rashica, but not in agreement with Werder. 

A deal was never met  

soooooo...

RB appears to have moved on, so now Rashica seems to changing his mind about other teams. Villa is still in the running, however we have competition from Napoli and Leeds

That seems like the current situation 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I've genuinely no idea why nobody else seems to be in for him. Especially when Bremen only want £21m.

If you think about it £120,000 per page it’s not a bad price for a player of his caliber 

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not once have I thought this was going to happen and not changed my mind, looks a player though so hope I’m wrong.

Same tbh. But I kinda hope I'm wrong just so we get some quality that can cover for Grealish in case he is suspended, injured or something. 

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I'd say it's got to have a lot to do with the current economic problems. 

Luckily we are benefiting from the uncertainty!

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'd say it's got to have a lot to do with the current economic problems. 

Luckily we are benefiting from the uncertainty!

It can only be that. Because there are no doubts about his ability or attitude. This may be our only chance to get him.

Edited by Okonokos

Just now, PieFacE said:

Maybe the wages we're offering is a bit meh?  

I think he's on quite low wages at Bremen and anything we offer will likely be way higher. Seemed to be his main issue until now was hoping for Champions league football and being reluctant to move his young family out of Germany. I don't think money has ever been or will be an issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It can only be that. Because there are no doubts about his ability or attitude. This may be our only chance to get him.

There's also the possibility that you possibly, maybe, just perhaps make him out to be better than he is. Just putting it out there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

There's also the possibility that you possibly, maybe, just perhaps make him out to be better than he is. Just putting it out there. 

He might not be a starter for the very top teams yet (would still be a useful squad player even for Liverpool) but he'd be a star player for most Champions League level teams. I've seen nothing from him to make me question that. He's certainly better than all but one of our players.

One thing foreign players might be weighing up is that whatever they earn in sterling now with respect to the euro will take a big hit if no deal happens. Or at least their agents and financial advisors will be. Could easily top 20% the cut in value from now to Jan. Like if a player is on €20k a week, comes to the prem on £25k a week, €28k more or less now that could easily turn into €20k if the pound crashes and no pay rise anymore...

14 minutes ago, romavillan said:

One thing foreign players might be weighing up is that whatever they earn in sterling now with respect to the euro will take a big hit if no deal happens. Or at least their agents and financial advisors will be. Could easily top 20% the cut in value from now to Jan. Like if a player is on €20k a week, comes to the prem on £25k a week, €28k more or less now that could easily turn into €20k if the pound crashes and no pay rise anymore...

Bring back the gold standard... Or pay them in gold lol.