Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Only KDB and Grealish created more chances than Beundia in PL last season. Followed/watched Benrahma for 2 seasons. Rashica YouTube video just looks like 1 trick pony fast dribbler

I've followed Rashica for the last 18 months. He couldn't be further from a one trick pony to be honest. He'd give us something we haven't had for years.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Only KDB and Grealish created more chances than Beundia in PL last season. Followed/watched Benrahma for 2 seasons. Rashica YouTube video just looks like 1 trick pony fast dribbler

I would love for us to get Buendia and rashica. I think rashica offers more than both benrahma and Buendia in terms of goal scoring (8 goals in under 30 games last season and 8 goals in under 25 the season before) he is also much faster and would be a huge threat on the counter or outside the box which creates gaps in the defensive line.

Buendia on the other hand is insurance in case grealish goes down. He is a creative hub unto himself like Jack and he can progress the ball nearly as well as Jack. He is also a very good set piece taker and we would be very good at keeping the ball if we had Jack, Buendia and Luiz in a side. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I’ve only seen Benny on YouTube vids really but can he play on the right? I don’t disagree Buendia is v good and I’d like him at Villa, Rashica just seems a bit special, some of his goals are spectacular. Would be amazed if we could land Benrahma and either of the other two to flank Jack. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

I’ve only seen Benny on YouTube vids really but can he play on the right? I don’t disagree Buendia is v good and I’d like him at Villa, Rashica just seems a bit special, some of his goals are spectacular. Would be amazed if we could land Benrahma and either of the other two to flank Jack. 

He can play right across the frontline. He's definitely not a winger in the old fashioned sense. He's wasted just staying out wide. He does a lot of damage cutting inside. I personally think he's at his best when he's playing centrally or on the shoulder of the last defender. If we could play through balls to him he'd cause chaos in behind the defence with his pace.

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He can play right across the frontline. He's definitely not a winger in the old fashioned sense. He's wasted just staying out wide. He does a lot of damage cutting inside. I personally think he's at his best when he's playing centrally or on the shoulder of the last defender. If we could play through balls to him he'd cause chaos in behind the defence with his pace.

With watkins it helps that he can play out wide as well as the rotation could be deadly as a 6'5 forward on a 5'8 full back would be dominant and rashica using his blinding acceleration to beat a slow lumbering cb like engels. 

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I would love to see:

Rashica 

Grealish                Watkins

with all three rotating throughout the game. That would be lethal in my opinion.

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

With watkins it helps that he can play out wide as well as the rotation could be deadly as a 6'5 forward on a 5'8 full back would be dominant and rashica using his blinding acceleration to beat a slow lumbering cb like engels. 

It's definitely the way we should be aiming to play. A flexible front 3 who can rotate during the course of a game. Watkins ticks the first box. Rashica would be an even bigger tick.

2 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I would love to see:

Rashica 

Grealish                Watkins

with all three rotating throughout the game. That would be lethal in my opinion.

This is exactly what we should be aiming for. It would be perfect in my opinion. Just say to the three of them, go out there and pick up any position you like. Just cause chaos.

Edited by Okonokos

16 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Watkins is 5'11 not 6'5 😂 but your point on 5'8 full backs is still valid!

Why did I think he was 6'5 must have been another player we were in for and I just conflated them in my head because watkins scored so many headers. 

Edit: Probably Tammy 

Edited by MotoMkali

43 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

are you talking about watkins or Rashica?

is Rashica back on?

Edited by TRO

27 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Why did I think he was 6'5 must have been another player we were in for and I just conflated them in my head because watkins scored so many headers. 

Edit: Probably Tammy 

Tammy? Do you add height to everyone? :D

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Also no issue with Beundia or Benrahma settling in UK. Already have. Can't recall if we've had another ex Yugoslav region player since the last one that didn't go so well

Why do you want Buendia? You want two playmakers in the front 3? Wouldn't you want someone a bit more direct on the other side to Grealish?

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why do you want Buendia? You want two playmakers in the front 3? Wouldn't you want someone a bit more direct on the other side to Grealish?

You could have double pivot Luiz McGinn then a 3 behind Watkins 4231 Wenger style 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

You could have double pivot Luiz McGinn then a 3 behind Watkins 4231 Wenger style 

That is exactly what we should have but I don't think we will have the money to sign the players needed after those two have come in and it looks likely Martinez will come at some time too

Edited by paul514

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That is exactly what we should have but I don't think we will have the money to sign the players needed after those two have come in and it looks likely Martinez will come at some time too

I think we have 3 more signings left. A GK and two wingers or 1 winger/1 striker.

Martinez

Rashica

Benrahma

King