Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

It’s a youtube video but it’s a good one, not endless filler of close shots and passing the ball 5 yards. It’s also Bundesliga footage against opposition like Munich, Dortmund and Leverkusen not preseason friendlies for the Jupiler Pro League.

• Like 2

To me, he look like he dribbles, passes, shoots and crosses with conviction.

Looks confident and authoritative in his play, explosive runs and cuts of direction, plus a hell of  a shot and set piece.

I've mentioned it a few times, but some people seem to not realise we have been heavily linked with him since last year!

So due diligence has definitely been ongoing for alot longer than we would know.

Might also be the reason we haven't yet jumped at certain other signings as we started sniffing that we could have a chance to get this kid.

The fact that he knows Nakamba is also a bonus no matter how insignificant it might seem, this would help him settle and no doubt Nakamba will be in his ear.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looks confident and authoritative in his play, explosive runs and cuts of direction, plus a hell of  a shot and set piece.

I've mentioned it a few times, but some people seem to not realise we have been heavily linked with him since last year!

So due diligence has definitely been ongoing for alot longer than we would know.

Might also be the reason we haven't yet jumped at certain other signings as we started sniffing that we could have a chance to get this kid.

The fact that he knows Nakamba is also a bonus no matter how insignificant it might seem, this would help him settle and no doubt Nakamba will be in his ear.

If we get him I think it’ll be quite a coup and will make people realise these owners mean business.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

If we get him I think it’ll be quite a coup and will make people realise these owners mean business.

Which will no doubt create a snowball effect, other players, including our own should now realise we mean business too!

Maybe get a few who weren't paying notice interested in " The project".

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Pretty much. He is a game changer of a player. He has incredibly quick feet, moves the ball quickly, always looks forward, plays one-twos and looks to run in behind the defence with his explosive pace. He'd be the quickest player in our squad by some distance. This is why he works so well played as a forward rather than a traditional winger. Also because he's a very good finisher. Give him a chance in the area or a one on one and he'll likely score. But he can also score from distance as he has a powerful shot on him. He's a team player too with endless energy. Tracks back, presses defences and chases balls all day long. He always puts in a shift.

Negatives would be he is small and not a physical player, but that's not much of a negative in today's game, I don't think.

I think you've made a really good point about due diligence. I bet we've been watching him all season and luckily he's had a great season.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah agreed.  Trez looked very good on youtube and look how he turned out. 

He looks abit small but quick

YT videos are always a farce/lottery but Trez was notable for not looking good in his videos. He looked pretty underwhelming always into players rather than beating them with skill/speed. Pretty much what we got. 

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

YT videos are always a farce/lottery but Trez was notable for not looking good in his videos. He looked pretty underwhelming always into players rather than beating them with skill/speed. Pretty much what we got. 

I remember seeing Trezeguet at the 2018 world cup and I thought the same thing then. He's a hard worker but lacks quality.

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

An excerpt from a Werder Bremen fan on here claims that Rashica did the same in his early days with them.

Sometimes, maybe just coaching and practice, but potential is there?

Don’t know if anyone has posted this yet on this thread but here is a heat map of Rachica over the last two seasons at Werder Bremen.

So basically, occupied the same space as Jack but different sort of player.

image.thumb.png.9225f14e3986882cfc0d58390e8e035c.png

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Nah not for me!  Reasons:

Tonev - Mark II

He’s the same size as Elphick - 4’ 1”

He’ll never quarantine in Julie B’s basement 

His only English is - “We’re all Marco from Tropoja“

JulieB - what a psychopath................. great days............ i just picture her kidnapping a villa player/manager/transfer target and tying them to her bed and keeping them hostage, and if they refuse to play ball, smashing there ankles with a lump hammer............ proper Kathy Bates

I wonder if anyone ever saw Kiyotake again ???  Id be digging up her patio !

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Don’t know if anyone has posted this yet on this thread but here is a heat map of Rachica over the last two seasons at Werder Bremen.

Is there a heat map of Jack? He may start out on the left but he pretty much drifts all over the pitch.  If anything that might have been why Targett would get so exposed. In the last few games of the season he held his position and also tracked back to support the left back much better. 

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

Him and Jack could possibly be interchanging between the left and middle?

As some others have said, Deano want might Jack in the middle.

Now he usally gets marked out or double marked in the middle.

But that becomes alot more difficult if you have the likes of Rashica also causing havoc up there as well.

Frees up space for Jack.

Although you already know some people will be convinced that he is Jacks replacement, based on this.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Him and Jack could possibly be interchanging between the left and middle?

As some others have said, Deano want might Jack in the middle.

Now he usally gets marked out or double marked in the middle.

But that becomes alot more difficult if you have the likes of Rashica also causing havoc up there as well.

Frees up space for Jack.

Although you already know some people will be convinced that he is Jacks replacement, based on this.

In the rashica video he was often swarmed by 2 or 3 players like jakc. It would be very hard to do that if both of them were on the pitch and leaving them for 1 on 1s against defenders would pretty much guarantee getting past or winning a foul. 

• Like 1

Is there a heat map of Jack? He may start out on the left but he pretty much drifts all over the pitch. 

You’re right because even though Jack is supposed to play LW, he plays wherever he wants to play. 🙂

I just meant Raschica plays the LW role.

Agree about LW, Jack, and RW interchanging during a match which is why I’d like to see Beundia or even still Benrahma on the RW.

• Like 1