Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Find the fascination of signing a player most of you have never seen play a bit funny. 

Bet he will struggle massively with his first season in the PL. Would need to get in other proven options as well. 

That’s the spirit lol... so you have never ever recommended Or wanted us to sign a player you haven’t personally scouted and watched numerous times ? OK 

The calibre of clubs that are interested and have been linked ( spuriously or not ) indicates we should be excited if he does indeed join. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sorry, can't trust anyone who wears a VEST underneath his shirt. 

He wears it for protection, as he heard about what happened to the last few ITK’s at Villa. Anyone heard off The Trees, Hairy Hands or Mystery Man recently?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Find the fascination of signing a player most of you have never seen play a bit funny. 

Bet he will struggle massively with his first season in the PL. Would need to get in other proven options as well. 

He has flourished for a poor team in the Bundesliga, which is in the top four leagues in Europe. It would be an upgrade on last summer's signings for sure. 

It's more a surprise so many Villa fans saying "Announce Watkins" on Twitter and getting excited by that link, when Watkins has only had one decent season in the second tier. 

I do agree we need more proven options on top of Rashica though.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

So I asked some questions of the Werder Bremen subreddit and here is the reply I have got so far.

1) Is he as good as he looks in his highlights?

>1. He is fast, he knows how to score - and he can dribble quite good. One of his key powers i think is to change directions very fast when he is in posession and advancing forwards. He is smart on the field and he is a fast learner, the first season he always ran into his opponents, wasn't defending and a little bit on the selfish side. Second season he got all these things behind him.

2) How much do you think he would cost for you to sell him? I saw 25 million euros on here but I have heard rumours of about 30-35 million pounds as well

2. ~25 mio (in €)

3) What position does he play? And Where do you think he plays best? It seems to me like he splits his minutes as a LW and CF but obviously you guys would know more. 

3. More LW, but you've got the point. You can see him changing to RW sometimes in the game. When the opponent is clearly better, you can see him switching from time to time to a more defensive working position. There where some good tackles in our own third - even in the box.

4) Do you think you can survive next season without him? I would hate for you guys to get relegated because you had to sell one of your top players as a Villa fan I know the pain all too well.

4. Our best field player, a replacement in this category? I doubt it...

Another reply from the subreddit so here we are. 

1. He is good... for Bremen. Not sure with his size how well he’d fair in the PL. he’s hungry, quick and aware. He can finish and can break incredibly fast. He’s apparently 177cm (5’10”) according to TM but he really seems small in comparison to other players on the field. 

2. Club has said they want a minimum of €25mil. Bremen need cash badly. They are missing players for a number of key positions and Raschica is one player that needs to finance that. 

3. mostly LW

4. He’s saved Bremen a few times last season. He’s of a different quality level to most of the rest of the Bremen team which seem to be 2BL at best at times. So basically it’s not hard to look good in Bremen at the moment.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

2. Club has said they want a minimum of €25mil. Bremen need cash badly. They are missing players for a number of key positions and Raschica is one player that needs to finance that. 

Could be what seals it for us...

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Who fancies a sweepstake on the first journalist in England to run with this news? Gregg Evans or Ashley Preece is my bet. 

Ashley preece tweeted it at about the same time you posted this comment. 

• Like 1

He would add speed which is something we badly miss. He is also really aggressive and good at winning the ball back high up the pitch something our other attacking players are also terrible at. He also has excellent mobility and is good at finding space for himself and create for others.

There are a fair few similarities with Grealish as I think they are both best in the same position (LW) which might be less than ideal. He has a good shot, right footed player playing on the left, drifts around a lot towards the center of the pitch rather than out wide. Draws a lot of fouls and likes to dribble. They are in some ways similar although Rashica relies a lot more on pace and even thou he likes to drop deep he is more of a tradition winger and transition player.

I'm sure they could work in the same team but I like Grealish out left drifting in and this is where Rashica should play to get the best out of him. I think he'd be more of a replacement if Grealish is on his way out than as someone to play together with. But then again good players are adaptable.

This is based on me watching him maybe 10-15 times over 2.5 seasons so I'm absolutely no expert on the guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Ignore the title of the video obviously, but there are some fantastic goals in there! 

Looks pretty good but be is given a lot if time on the ball in a lot of these videos. You wont get that here in the PL

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks pretty good but be is given a lot if time on the ball in a lot of these videos. You wont get that here in the PL

I did think that while watching, but a lot of the goals are with pressure and he still does well... as we all know though, can’t buy a player off a YouTube vid.

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I did think that while watching, but a lot of the goals are with pressure and he still does well... as we all know though, can’t buy a player off a YouTube vid.

Yeah agreed.  Trez looked very good on youtube and look how he turned out. 

He looks abit small but quick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Ignore the title of the video obviously, but there are some fantastic goals in there! 

If we sign him can we o ly play against bayern. Looks like he would score about 30 goals a season against them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Trust me, if we sign him then you can get excited. He's pure class.

Any new signing can struggle at a new club in a new league so that doesn't apply to Rashica more than it applies to anyone else. It's part and parcel of signing players really. It doesn't take away from the fact that Rashica is a great player and also a hard worker. I could see him putting in the effort to be a success here if we do sign him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Who fancies a sweepstake on the first journalist in England to run with this news? Gregg Evans or Ashley Preece is my bet. 

We've got Percy... Super John Percy!

• Like 1