Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

32 minutes ago, Farlz said:

🙄

Honestly, Werder can get to f*ck at this point, what a waste of time and energy (including theirs) trying to get a deal over the line on their apparently very strict terms. 

It's a bit like Brentford with Benrahma for me - totally daft to leave a player out of your squad in preparation for a move on the one hand, while being unwilling to compromise with the bidding club/s on the other.

As a short term principle - when a deal is very close - it makes perfect sense. Keep the player injury-free and start transitioning the squad, introducing his replacement etc. If a deal isn't close or you're not happy with the inquiries/offers then you're only affecting his match fitness and future value, as well as sending out a message that you want rid of him - which surely is no way to strongarm another club into paying more than they're willing.

Would Rashica be our most highly speculated non-signing of all time if he doesn’t sign? I can’t think of a bigger one, in terms of speculation, longevity, etc. 

What was the name of the midfielder in France we pined after all summer, about five years ago before we got relegated? Name started with a B I think. He was with Montpellier or similar. 

2 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Would Rashica be our most highly speculated non-signing of all time if he doesn’t sign? I can’t think of a bigger one, in terms of speculation, longevity, etc. 

What was the name of the midfielder in France we pined after all summer, about five years ago before we got relegated? Name started with a B I think. He was with Montpellier or similar. 

Younes Belhanda 

• Like 2

Seems like a game of chicken, who will blink first? We are being linked with other wingers, they are stating they will play him. Something surely will happen this week (hopefully)!

Edited by Tez500

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

And I disagree.

Yeah I agree with you. If the player truly wanted to come here, it would have been done weeks ago. 

He's making the right noises to save face if it's needed, but he's under no pressure and write happy to wait until deadline day for a better offer.

Time to move on

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

The way I read it (which involves a bit of guesswork on my part) is that WB are the blockers due to fee/payment structure (as discussed) and Milot is happy to come here. WB probably either want us to cough up a bit extra or want Milot to put in a transfer request, so that they get to keep more of the transfer fee. Milot originally had his heart set on (and expected to join) a Champions League club, so is unlikely to force a move to us and is happy to hold off until the last possible minute, so that he doesn't lose his share of the fee for not requesting a transfer. Also, if another Leipzig-style club comes in, he then has the luxury of options. I think everyone knows that WB will cave at some point due to their financial situation, but it's a waiting game until then. I can understand Milot not handing in a transfer request (like it seems a lot of people want him to do so that he can come here quicker) but I'd probably do the same as him in that situation and pocket a fair chunk of money in the process. I do, however, believe he's been convinced that Villa will be a great club for him, with our ambition to get to where the likes of Leipzig are and with his old friend Nakamba being here. That's how I see it anyway, though it could all be pollocks...

This has always been the key for me. If he's that good mates with Nakamba, I'm sure Milot would have been warned that it wouldn't be a Marvelous (image.png.9519ea081610fd1721c5285d97ae3c06.png) idea to troll our fans with those Instagram posts if he had no intention of coming here...

• Haha 2

As good as Olly hopefully will be for us, we got royally bent over and rooted silly over that transfer, I have a feeling the club won't allow it to happen twice in one window.

if we hadn't of signed Olly I reckon we would have signed Milot by now, probably as much to do with FFP as it is anything.

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not necessarily, Milner played for us hours before moving 

You think if he plays on Saturday he will still come to villa? I think it's more the fact we will move on I dont think we are gonna wait till the window ends to then be left with no back up do you?

12 minutes ago, string28 said:

You think if he plays on Saturday he will still come to villa? I think it's more the fact we will move on I dont think we are gonna wait till the window ends to then be left with no back up do you?

I don’t think if he plays the next couple of games it has any baring on us still looking to sign him. I’d guess we are looking at other options in the interim, but that doesn’t rule out this signing.

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don’t think if he plays the next couple of games it has any baring on us still looking to sign him. I’d guess we are looking at other options in the interim, but that doesn’t rule out this signing.

So risk playing him gets injured? Nope not gonna happen not in this day and age maybe years ago but not now. Money is at play so no way just like Watkins didnt play. If he plays he wont be coming to villa we would of moved on. Simple.

• Like 1