Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As stupid as it sounds, i'm wondering if seeing the excitement of our psychotic fans might have encouraged him somewhat as well. lol

crazy GIF

Hello Milot. I likey you. 🤣

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I guess I can one more time! 

Transfer fees are amortised over the life of a contract ie a £20m transfer with a 5 year contract is written down £4m a year so after year 1 you have a £16m asset on the books with a £4m loss, after year 3 you have an £8m asset with a £12m loss (still £4m annually). Once the 5 years are up the entirety of the loss is written down so if they've signed a new contract and you sell them after that it's all profit for FFP purposes. 

Payment structure makes no difference apart from bonuses, which I assume are amortised in the same way but from the year they are paid. 

I’m guessing they must be having immediate cash flow problems rather than it being an FFP issue, which is what nearly killed us in 2018.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I’m guessing they must be having immediate cash flow problems rather than it being an FFP issue, which is what nearly killed us in 2018.

I reckon they could get enough cash together between them to pay it, but that would probably be all the liquid cash they have without selling assets. Not sure it's an ideal time to sell shares either with so many companies market caps temporarily depressed. Maybe Wes has more liquidity as I think I seem to remember him largely exiting Fortess a while back.

No idea how the broadcast rights money works, but if that's paid at the start of the season it shouldn't be a huge problem...so I'm guessing it isn't.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

And the beat goes on. 

As always, there’s mentions of “teams” but no one has said who they are for weeks.  Aston Villa is the only team mentioned in all of these reports. This leads me to the idea that Villa is the only team in the running. The “other teams” is just added drama 

2 hours ago, DevonVillan said:

I noticed this posted on YouTube a few days ago. Anyone know any German?

"Milot may well be here when the season starts and maybe even after 5th October. Not the biggest chance he'll be here but it's entirely possible. No transfer has happened yet and I won't talk about ongoing negotiations.

Milot is focusing on getting fit again, for us or for the buying club, we'll see. We'll all need some patience.

If we don't sell Milot it will be unlikely that we'll sign someone else but I can't say definitely as there are other ways we can raise funds for transfers.

To my knowledge it's not a bad injury (no ACL) and he'll be fit in no time. 

There are a few interested clubs and Aston Villa is one of them."

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Thanks 1

Jack signed because they convinced him they have the money and intention to buy enough talent to progress rapidly and get back into European competitions. I expect Rashica will get done and another forward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

As always, there’s mentions of “teams” but no one has said who they are for weeks.  Aston Villa is the only team mentioned in all of these reports. This leads me to the idea that Villa is the only team in the running. The “other teams” is just added drama 

I am wondering why there is no interest form other clubs. It’s a little bit of a red flag that Bremen can’t find another club who might be interested even though the prices talked about is under £20m. 

We might be over hyping the guy a little. 

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As stupid as it sounds, i'm wondering if seeing the excitement of our psychotic fans might have encouraged him somewhat as well. lol

Ahh yes, good point, except we mustn't forget the emotional fragility of the really psychotic lads, some of whom may be excited about Rashica, but are also just as likely to be itching to go on a rant about Smith or how the club hasn't backed him lately.

40 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Zaha didn’t have interests from bigger clubs. I think the financial situation (and positions needing improvements) are playing a big part in that. Also many clubs aren’t willing to enter bidding wars I think.

True.

But I think clubs especially don't want to get into bidding wars with us. I'm not talking about Man City or Chelsea - we're not competing with them for players except at youth level. But I would go as far as to include the likes of Leicester and Wolves. They might be more attractive, but on a financial level, they don't want to be up against us as we can afford it, and they know the price will rise accordingly.

Of course, where a player wants to go is the overriding factor in any transfer. Hence why I don't think we were really desperate for Wilson.

10 minutes ago, Kingman said:

14 days left on this window 

True, but you'd like to think we've given Bremen a deadline for this to be wrapped up this week. If they don't play ball then hopefully we'll use the final week of the window to approach our second choice target and get it sorted quickly.

Edited by Ginko

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:
2 hours ago, MentalM said:

Milot Rashica has 12 letters, adding the numbers if we reach page 327 equals 12. Milot signing the day we reach page 327 confirmed! 

O m g... And there will be 12 days left of the window.... on WEDNESDAY!

Working on the letters to numbers theory this now makes sense. It's a clue

JG x EM  

= MILOT

Spoiler

Possibly🤔🤔

From all the evidence so far (Kosovo press, Nakamba tweets, Werder statements) , it certainly looks like he has decided to come to us. I'm expecting for it to be finalised this week once we have agreed the payment details with Werder. The work permit will delay things more so he probably won't be registered in time for Bristol though.