Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Er...shouldn't this be the starting point?

I used to think so.

However, I've learnt this transfer window that it seems Personal terms are often agreed before fees.

Meaning that the two teams must be confident a deal will/can be agreed at some point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hong0311 said:

At least we know it’s not a million miles away.

It also made me question what they see in Bertrand such that he is valued at 19M.

I think it will be th  structure of the deal. We likely don't want to pay more than 5 or 6 million quid upfront but bremen will need it for solvency  so they likely want half the fee up front and if we agreeing to that maybe we are trying to negotiate a lower total price so bremen get what they want but we only have to have a small amount on our books over the next few seasons.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Er...shouldn't this be the starting point?

No. Its common to be given permission to speak to the player on the proviso you reach an agreement with the club at some point now. This is common when the selling club is keen to sell.  There's no set process though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I used to think so.

However, I've learnt this transfer window that it seems Personal terms are often agreed before fees.

Meaning that the two teams must be confident a deal will/can be agreed at some point.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Rewriting the tweet from Ronan - which was itself a reply probably based on a coin toss. Mullet ghosted in at the back post after 3 years without posting to confirm the Watkins deal, then popped up again today on this one. I'm here for it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Right, F*ck it.

We agreed terms with the player weeks ago and tabled a bid with the club.

Bremen have held out to see if anyone else came in..

Player told Werder/Baumann weeks ago to accept our offer.

Now slipping in is A. They're pissed they letting him go for peanuts and trying to claw as much £££ from him whatever way they can in the transfer.  B. They also sadly desperately need the money - and quickly, if they're to conduct any further business, all whilst keeping a player and still paying him whilst not playing and has already agreed personal terms with Aston Villa!

Werder are running out of time in this one.

They are gutted to be letting him go so cheap, understandably, and we would all be the same if it this was Grealish!

As I say, Announced soon...

Just wait for the Greg Evan's exclusive.......

• Haha 1