Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

18 minutes ago, Farlz said:

This really is gonna go on for another 2 weeks isn't it.. 😩

Gregg Evans will be even more hated than usual if this doesn't happen after he said it was almost time to get excited a couple days ago. The rocket polisher. 

I have no idea why anyone takes any notice of Gregg Evans, I've know lumps of wood be more informed of events at Villa Park than that fraud.

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

It's not split that way.

Clubs can choose how to 'structure' the deal i.e. how much is due on what date (similar to a loan.) That's what holds a lot of transfers up. If we give Werder X amount right up front we have to declare that to FFP and Werder can show it as a net positive. But if we want to spread the payments out over time then Werder may demand a larger amount of money over that length of time. Time is money!

Hence why you often hear the structure of the deal is holding things up.

Pretty sure this is incorrect. 

Edit - you were so certain you made me doubt myself a little and I googled it. There are hundreds of sources talking about values being amortised over contracts as well as the controversy with how Derby have done theirs in the last few years. Do you have anything that suggests what you say is correct?

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he’s happy with the deal and we’ve agreed the terms with Werder, what the f*** is the hold up? 

We can’t afford to be waiting 2 weeks for him to end up choosing a different club. 

Probably the structure of the deal. We may have agreef a total fee for I stance but only want 80% of it guaranteed and the rest in bonuses whereas Werder may want 90% in guaranteed fees and only 10% in bonuses they may also want 40% upfront due to their cash issues and we only want to give them 20% upfront for instance. I imagine this happens very frequently as the structure of the deal is what matters to ffp. 

18 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Probably the structure of the deal. We may have agreef a total fee for I stance but only want 80% of it guaranteed and the rest in bonuses whereas Werder may want 90% in guaranteed fees and only 10% in bonuses they may also want 40% upfront due to their cash issues and we only want to give them 20% upfront for instance. I imagine this happens very frequently as the structure of the deal is what matters to ffp. 

Obviously bonus payments have an impact, when money is paid does not. No idea where this myth has suddenly sprung from.

One of the thing Derby did that was a bit controversial is they wrote down their player values less in the first few years of their contract and backloaded the big losses gambling they would be promoted in the meantime. Standard practice is to amortise over the life of a contract, but the EFL agreed they could do this so it was all signed off.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is pretty much where we’re at then. Could drag on a couple of weeks. Great. 

This could also be a haggling tactic. Wouldn’t be surprised if a deal is agreed at 25-28M in a few days judging on our ability on negotiations.

Edited by hong0311

3 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

This could also be a haggling tactic. Wouldn’t be surprised if a deal is agreed at 25-28M in a few days judging on our ability on negotiations.

That’s fine by me. If we want him, pay the money. 

What’s holding this up, the club or the player? Seem to be getting conflicting stories every day. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

That’s fine by me. If we want him, pay the money. 

What’s holding this up, the club or the player? Seem to be getting conflicting stories every day. 

Clubs 

they agree on the price, just the payment structure and bonuses. 

WB want more up front to cover their financial troubles. 
AV wants to pay it over time to keep it safe with FFP

grigor dimitrov miami open reactions GIF by Miami Open

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

This was also retweeted by Fabrizio Romano.

Would still fancy Villa to beat Sheff. Utd at home without Rashica, Traore and Martinez but I would really hope Villa could get these three signed and integrated as soon as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

This really is gonna go on for another 2 weeks isn't it.. 😩

Gregg Evans will be even more hated than usual if this doesn't happen after he said it was almost time to get excited a couple days ago. The rocket polisher. 

The absolute sausage wrangler.