Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I guess it depends on how much ambition we demonstrate when talking to the player.

But yes, it would be a strange move based on the current situation, especially when we are supposedly looking at players with PL experience.

Buendia should be the priority signing over Rashica.

Is there any real precedent of a big star going to a bottom club based on them selling their ambition? There's Reuben Neves and some of those Wolves players and then there's Tevez and Masherano at West Ham but that was all driven by agents. Can't see us getting elite level players in without superagents being involved. 

I remember City trying to sign Kaka at the very start of the Mansour era but that was a case of throwing obscene amounts of money hence the FFP rules we have now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd be stunned if he came here.

It's like Zaha going to a team near the bottom of the Bundesliga. 

Suppose there's more money over here but right now Bremen to Villa isn't much of a step up at all.

I don't believe he's a target either, but I think it's a MASSIVE difference in wages between a top player in Bremen and top player here. I imagine it's easily 400% bounce. 

But that's easily checked among the FM/CM nerds on here? Aren't that game fairly accurateon contracts?

2 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Is there any real precedent of a big star going to a bottom club based on them selling their ambition? There's Reuben Neves and some of those Wolves players and then there's Tevez and Masherano at West Ham but that was all driven by agents. Can't see us getting elite level players in without superagents being involved. 

I remember City trying to sign Kaka at the very start of the Mansour era but that was a case of throwing obscene amounts of money hence the FFP rules we have now.

Robinho to City, Cambiasso went to Leicester when they just got promoted, Klinsmann to Spurs or Gullit to Chelsea even. Its possible but not unlikely 

Edited by Zatman

2 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Leicester as a newly promoted club got in Esteban Cambiasso.

West Ham when they had finished about 11th got in Payet from Marseille who was one of the stand outs of French league.

Crystal Palace picked up Cabaye a few years ago when he was still a regular for France.

Stoke signing Shaqiri.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Leicester as a newly promoted club got in Esteban Cambiasso.

West Ham when they had finished about 11th got in Payet from Marseille who was one of the stand outs of French league.

Crystal Palace picked up Cabaye a few years ago when he was still a regular for France.

Stoke signing Shaqiri.

I don’t think any of those moves were based on the clubs selling their ambition.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think any of those moves were based on ambition.

Well no but generally most players join a club outside the elite to get more game time and get themselves back into the elite e.g. Benteke used us as a stepping stone but we got loads of fun from watching him play for us for three years.

Some of those players above helped the clubs they joined improve a fair bit so that's what we need this summer and get comfortably away from a relegation battle.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Well no but generally most players join a club outside the elite to get more game time and get themselves back into the elite e.g. Benteke used us as a stepping stone but we got loads of fun from watching him play for us for three years.

Some of those players above helped the clubs they joined improve a fair bit so that's what we need this summer and get comfortably away from a relegation battle.

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Translation:

Exclusive
Milot Rashica will leave Werder Bremen, further away by the end of next week. A few weeks ago he had reached a personal agreement with Leipzig but Werder Bremen is not satisfied with the offer. An official request for Rashica's services have made Monaco, Aston Villa and Wolverhampton. According to my sources, Aston Villa's offer is the most important for Werder and it is likely that Rashica will be transferred to the Premier League next week.

Dunno how reliable the guy is though, he's a Kosovan reporter apparently.

Sounds good for us though, hope this happens and he joins us, dont want to see him at my hometown club, certainly not at Monaco so yeah he better join Villa.

It would be one heck of a first signing would it not.