Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

Just now, gwi1890 said:

West Ham agreed a fee for him £30m apparently medical due Wednesday 

Put this into perspective - Benrahma will be the most expensive Championship transfer of all time for a player not on a team relegated the previous season...  We paid 26 million for Watkins and Brentford fans all will tell you he was the better and more consistent prospect of the two of them.  If Benrahma doesn't start immediately pulling strings for West Ham, this will be a disaster of a transfer for them.  Will be on huge wages, too.

20 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Put this into perspective - Benrahma will be the most expensive Championship transfer of all time for a player not on a team relegated the previous season...  We paid 26 million for Watkins and Brentford fans all will tell you he was the better and more consistent prospect of the two of them.  If Benrahma doesn't start immediately pulling strings for West Ham, this will be a disaster of a transfer for them.  Will be on huge wages, too.

Bowen worked out well for them. Bowen and Benrahma on either wing is a massive improvement for them over this time last year when it was the disinterested Anderson and Yarmolenko.

• Like 3

Yeah, I feel like we could have got Benrahma if we really wanted him. The fact that we didn't suggests Deano just doesn't think he represents good value or isn't what we need, whereas he apparently was willing to put his neck on the line to get Watkins signed. On that basis I don't really feel like we're missing out if he goes to West Ham (even if he goes on and does well there).

• Like 3

He probably could have got a move to Villa but hedged his bets and now he's going to West Ham and although he'll get a nice pay raise, he could get relegated right back to the Championship.

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He probably could have got a move to Villa but hedged his bets and now he's going to West Ham and although he'll get a nice pay raise, he could get relegated right back to the Championship.

Sadly I don’t think West Ham will be anywhere near relegation.

I really wanted this guy in.  

I get the feeling his wage demands were far too high for our structure, we’ve shown we’re willing to pay the transfer fees.

I hope to be proved wrong, but I get the feeling he will do better than Traore, and end up representing the better value in the transfer fee.

Edited by Thug

7 hours ago, KMitch said:

I think we paid £28 million rising to £33 million. At least that was what was reported. 

Benrahma has been reported as a package rising to £30 million. What the initial sum is I dunno. 

But like I've said for months I'm really unsure how effective Benrahma is at the PL level. I much prefer Watkins at the money involved. 

For our part he wasn't really what was needed after we kept Grealish anyway. 

Benrahma is a spectacular showboat 5-a-side'esque player, but if he can follow up with the same end product in a much tougher league, that remains to be seen. I have my doubts. 

But he'll be interesting to watch from a neutral perspective. Some of his moves are a treat to behold. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

25 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

The fat lady ain’t even in the building,do you honestly believe those toe rags in east London will pay that?Think there is more chance of Palace or Villa signing him.

I think they will. Palace signed Eze and not sure what other options they have outside, would he fit in the squad? Can’t see him being a starter here, not sure he would be happy with the role we would offer him. 

think I’m 60/40 him staying at Brentford/signing for West Ham.

13 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

is he traores position

No.  Typically plays on the left where Jack is currently.

However, we need options/rotation etc..

I am hoping that AEG goes out which only leaves us with three wide players and I also see Jack as the cover for Barkley, so we could do with another body.

I would have loved Rashica but Benrhama would be good.  However, I think King may be the answer as he can play across the front three, brings PL experience and is less expensive.

3 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

No.  Typically plays on the left where Jack is currently.

However, we need options/rotation etc..

I am hoping that AEG goes out which only leaves us with three wide players and I also see Jack as the cover for Barkley, so we could do with another body.

I would have loved Rashica but Benrhama would be good.  However, I think King may be the answer as he can play across the front three, brings PL experience and is less expensive.

Agreed,  Benrahma won't move for a rotation/ backup spot and he isn't going to get into our first team on merit at the moment.  Its also stupid money for someone that isn't coming in to start.

I rate him, and think he'll do fine in the Premier League, but we don't need him at the moment. Thread should be moved to other football, pending closure

• Like 1

Â