Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can you imagine the reaction of fans if we signed a player for 2m? 

We love it, knowing that there is usually a £15 - £25 million profit to be made at the end of it 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The amount of money you’ve made in players in recent years you must be the richest club in the championship! 

Unfortunately not, there are those clubs relegated from the Prem still receiving millions of Sky money just for being failures in football terms!!!

Just now, jonjon said:

Unfortunately not, there are those clubs relegated from the Prem still receiving millions of Sky money just for being failures in football terms!!!

Yeah but exclude them and you must be top surely!

59 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I’m led to believe that it’s an agent led issue that has become a “who blinks first”game.I don’t agree with the “we don’t need the money”stance although he has 2 years +1 year option I think this is the opportunity to get top money for him.Hope Villa come in with a late bid that is in line with your suggestion.

Thanks as always for your posts in here.

I would like Benrahma. I think from what I’ve seen of Watkins at this level, I’d be surprised if Benrahma is as good but who knows? 

I don’t think we’ll sign him but another Brentford player couldn’t hurt!

You mention it’s an agent issue. No doubt another greedy bastard trying to take 2/3m for himself for doing hardly anything. 

See you next year when we’ll be having this same discussion about Henry/Toney ;-). What are they like btw? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

you are not exactly first in the queue when it comes to giving someone the benefit of the doubt either, are you?

People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

I absolutely give benefit of the doubt. Not once did I assume your countless posts about wanting a big, tough, energetic man sitting deep were to do with anything other than football.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Can some FM expert explain to me what this actually means in real life? 

why FM? I haven't played FM for many years and can't remember that being an option there. Anyway, I know a person with a 1+1 year option in an english club. And it means that the club can activate the second year if they feel the need for it, if they don't he's a free agent again. That depends pn how well he plays, of course. If he plays well then they will acticate it so that he can't leave for another club for free.

2 minutes ago, Pelle said:

why FM? I haven't played FM for many years and can't remember that being an option there. Anyway, I know a person with a 1+1 year option in an english club. And it means that the club can activate the second year if they feel the need for it, if they don't he's a free agent again. That depends pn how well he plays, of course. If he plays well then they will acticate it so that he can't leave for another club for free.

Can he reject and move freely? 

2 hours ago, jonjon said:

That does just cover the obscene wages that you have to pay in the PL though, the parachute payments aren't there to reward failure, they're to ensure the relegated teams don't immediately go into administration for being unable to pay the players. I'd wager Brentford must have more cash in their bank accounts than most relegated teams do, despite the parachute payments 

Admittedly clubs like Norwich have manipulated the system by coming up, spending no money and going back down just to get the cash, but not too many teams do that as most want to be competitive in the top flight 

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

We joke about Brentford being frustrating to deal with, but in truth that just illustrates how exceedingly well run they are at board level. 

I'm sure NSWE and co have stated before that they see Brentford as an example of how Villa should be run? Or something like that.

3 hours ago, Rich192 said:

They just spent £70m on a new stadium, although not sure if that was paid for by other means? 

We purchased the land nearly 10 years ago in a backwater bordering Chiswick W4, an area that has now sky rocketed in land value so much so that we exchanged some land to developers who are building almost 900 Apartments next to the stadium, that paid for the stadium, plus I believe that we also came away with £10-£15 million pounds, we are fortunate to have an English owner who is not only a very astute business man but a life long Bee's fan who used to hitchhike up and down the country in his teens just to watch them play.  

Edited by jonjon
  • Like 2

Â