Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Watkins will bring the same kind of mentality, energy, physicality, pace and desire as Matty Cash. We lacked these characteristics last season, so to have two talented and highly motivated 90 minute players added to the first team will also add points to last seasons total and push us up the league by a few places.

Wilson is a decent striker, but Watkins would be my clear choice as he is a total fit for Villa's current needs.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Premier League experience is the most overrated concept in the footballing world.

Either you're a good player or you're not.

Carroll has played in the Premier League for what ? 10 years? Doesn't make him a better player than Watkins or Maupay.

“Premier league experience” is a nice way of saying this player is midtable At best 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

“Premier league experience” is a nice way of saying this player is midtable At best 

Might not be midtable level players even.

We tried that whole PL experience thing years ago. Senderos, Joe Cole, Lescott, Richards, Richardson. That ended in relegation.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Hi, welcome to VT.

How do you know he is meeting our reps?, if you don't mind me asking.

Can't say I'm ITK - But Brentford's forum are saying the same. Plus there is a person on there called 'Banana' who is the owner of the site, and he's very much In The Know, and he's said they're all very busy talking today and trying to finalise it. He has been spot on with everything re Ollie Watkins and was the first person to call the £18m buyout clause nonsense despite all the mainstream sites insisting it was true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

What is making you so sure of him signing for Villa?

Other clubs are interested

So the press say, can you trust them?, just look at all the different prices being quoted by them, anything from £18 million to £28 million, they haven't got a clue and are just making it all up as they go along, Villa is a well supported club with a manager who knows him well, it should be a no brainer for him to join.

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Our club rep are we sponsored by 18 to 30 now? 

Of God. I hope we dont try and welcome him by plying him with watered down Sangria and offering to sell him discounted tickets to Cadbury World. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Of God. I hope we dont try and welcome him by plying him with watered down Sangria and offering to sell him discounted tickets to Cadbury World. 

To be fair, that would probably clinch the deal.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Exeter Fan said:

Can't say I'm ITK - But Brentford's forum are saying the same. Plus there is a person on there called 'Banana' who is the owner of the site, and he's very much In The Know, and he's said they're all very busy talking today and trying to finalise it. He has been spot on with everything re Ollie Watkins and was the first person to call the £18m buyout clause nonsense despite all the mainstream sites insisting it was true.

My source is also a fruit.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My source is also a fruit.

Ridiculous, I know. His name, I mean, not the info. He definitely is ITK so I do trust him.

Is this Twitter account reliable? They've also jumped on the band wagon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exeter Fan said:

Ridiculous, I know. His name, I mean, not the info. He definitely is ITK so I do trust him.

Is this Twitter account reliable? They've also jumped on the band wagon. 

Nope. Full of it, probably saw your post. 

Â