Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

11 minutes ago, Rolta said:

They at least used to be the opposite poles of potential nights out, along with maybe Arena, which was equal in shitness to Rococos.

I was always more a Timepiece person back in the day.

Timepiece has some redemptive qualities and I quite like the building. It's more the experiences that sour the memories. Pouring 6 shots of vodka in one glass hot out of the dishwasher then vomiting in the bottle bin will do that to you! 

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Timepiece has some redemptive qualities and I quite like the building. It's more the experiences that sour the memories. Pouring 6 shots of vodka in one glass hot out of the dishwasher then vomiting in the bottle bin will do that to you! 

Haha so bleak. The building is great. It's a nice bit up there. Thankfully I don't have many puking memories in there myself 😁.

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Are Watkins and Maupay the same human or something? I'm confused.

This may be a struggle for you to comprehend, so i will explain it in simple terms.

They are both footballers, both played forward and similar stats prior to transfer

Maupay 25 goals 8 assists

Watkins 26 goals 3 assists 

Both played at Brentford and both players villa have or had an interest in signing.

I hope that helps your confused mind.

23 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

No it doesn't, but if maupay went for 16 million to an established Premier league team last season and we wouldn't pay that, just confused why we would pay 10 million plus more for watkins a year later ?

25 million plus is the business end of players for not just villa but most teams in the world. 

A lesson learned perhaps? Prices also seem to have gone up this year, which is very unexpected. It's a lot of money I agree and we might well not want to pay it, but if we want him then it would seem that's the price to get it done. 

9 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

This may be a struggle for you to comprehend, so i will explain it in simple terms.

They are both footballers, both played forward and similar stats prior to transfer

Both played at Brentford and both players villa have or had an interest in signing.

Easy!

OK, so statistically, goalwise they are similar according to this above, but there are other differences. They are definitely completely different types of players for a start. I'm not that interested, but if you want to be such a d*ck about it, were their contract situations comparable? I don't know if my mind can take all the context!

Also, did they really buy Maupay for £10million less? Plenty of reports put his price at £20million. Might that be £16million plus add ons? If we have agreed a fee for Watkins, is it £23million plus add ons or what? Do we really ever know? Do you pick the worst possible figures and just go with that?

Having said all that, Maupay would have been good for us.

Edited by Rolta

22 minutes ago, Gillz said:

Whilst twitter is sceptical - this guy is a incredibly reliable and has been for several transfer windows. He's connected to everton but has news from other clubs occasionally. 

My source concurs.  You lot ain’t calling me a **** this time. Will at least for my ITK anyway.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My source concurs.  You lot ain’t calling me a **** this time. Will at least for my ITK anyway.

Without giving anything away, what is your itk on a scale of 1 to 10? (1 being me who knows nothing, and 10 being dean smith himslef) :)

thanks... xxx

20 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Supply and demand.

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Fourth Official were the ones who said OGS was our next manager and Huddlestone had signed for us. They just browse twitter for news and get lucky sometimes.

OGS was extremely close to happening though IIRC

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Think it’s a done deal good for both clubs rather he had stayed but that’s what happens every F***** year at Brentford 🙁Glad he is going to Villa.

Thanks. He will be very well looked after. Wouldnt mind some of our youngsters going on loan to you guys like Davis. Hope ti see you in premier league soon

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks. He will be very well looked after. Wouldnt mind some of our youngsters going on loan to you guys like Davis. Hope ti see you in premier league soon

Brentford should be our number 1 destination for sending up and coming players out to.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Brentford should be our number 1 destination for sending up and coming players out to.

100% they are a proper well run club. Even though we kept losing to them they are one of my favourite championship clubs along with forest

• Like 3

Â