Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Just when I'd weaned myself off...

Welcome back Chris, like Royston Vasey you’ll never leave. Are you up for discussing a few potential transfer targets this window (Follyfoot laughs in the background in a rather sinister manner) 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Exeter Fan said:

Word going around on our forum that a fee has now been agreed (24m + 3m in add ons) - Anyone ITK that is able to confirm?

Would be ideal for us - Although it was commonly believed we had a 20% share of any profits Brentford make from Ollie, minus the £1.8m, the rumour of a 15% sell on fee circled around the same time as the false £18m buyout clause. But it still means a nice windfall coming our way so hope you do manage to snatch him up.. Might just help us through these difficult times :) 

FWIW, Ollie is a proper chap and won't let you down. He'll be worth double that in a few years.

15% £3,330,000
20% £4,440,000

Sooooo, you're the bastards to blame for the inflated price then :bang:

Just kidding mate. Fair play if our business helps out a club further down the leagues. Hopefully, your club will spend the money wisely and you reap some rewards on the pitch from it :thumb:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

That’s great news for you and deserve every penny although I expect it will be spread over a couple of seasons.

I've just sussed out how to value Brentford players going forward. It is their original fee, plus any add-ons and £20m on top. 

According to his wiki page, you paid £2.7m for Benrahma with no mention of add-ons so I make that £22.7m and we have a deal, right? :thumb: 😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Just kidding mate. Fair play if our business helps out a club further down the leagues. Hopefully, your club will spend the money wisely and you reap some rewards on the pitch from it :thumb:

Credit to Exeter to be fair, very well run club with a really good academy.

lovely city as well. Great people.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Glad he's joined you, as our Chairman praised the way you handled the Ben Chrisene situation (Ollie will be reunited with Ben too, which is good!), a much more honourable club than Chelsea who treated us awfully over Ampadu.

To be fair, you could've had him before he went to Brentford as you did make us an offer I believe. Would've saved about £25m then!

Edited by Exeter Fan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, brummybloke said:

I'm a huge fan of ollie but 25 million plus up front makes no sense bearing in mind we wouldn't pay 16 for maupay last year or 18 for benrahma

That doesn't now seem the wisest of decisions, in hindsight. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

If you score 26 goals in any reasonable league.....you have to be taken seriously.....that is serial goalscoring.

If his goals are easy peasy.....then credit has to be given for his positional play and reading his collegues movement.

You don't score that many in a season and be an "also ran"

Hogan? Gestede? (Arguably) Kodjia? There’s just any number of championship players who smash in 20+ goals but just aren’t good enough for the PL.

I will definitely and hopefully eat my words, and will obviously support the dude but my gut feeling is this will be a massive flop. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Credit to Exeter to be fair, very well run club with a really good academy.

lovely city as well. Great people.

I remember going there for a mid week game in the league cup when Simon Stainrod Scored four goals on his debut. I believe the ground is called St James Park

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

So speaks a man who has never been in Timepiece or Rococo.

They at least used to be the opposite poles of potential nights out, along with maybe Arena, which was equal in shitness to Rococos.

I was always more a Timepiece person back in the day.

43 minutes ago, John said:

That doesn't now seem the wisest of decisions, in hindsight. 

No it doesn't, but if maupay went for 16 million to an established Premier league team last season and we wouldn't pay that, just confused why we would pay 10 million plus more for watkins a year later ?

25 million plus is the business end of players for not just villa but most teams in the world. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gillz said:

Whilst twitter is sceptical - this guy is a incredibly reliable and has been for several transfer windows. He's connected to everton but has news from other clubs occasionally. 

Think they were first with the Cash signing too?

9 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

No it doesn't, but if maupay went for 16 million to an established Premier league team last season and we wouldn't pay that, just confused why we would pay 10 million plus more for watkins a year later ?

25 million plus is the business end of players for not just villa but most teams in the world. 

Are Watkins and Maupay the same human or something? I'm confused.

• Haha 1

Â