Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

5 hours ago, weedman said:

It is irritating to me when people's arguments are so poorly thought out they need to harp back to points from years ago that literally nobody cares about anymore just to "win" as opposed to actually making a point on the subject in hand, but each to their own mate. 

I actually wanted to comment on that post but didn't bother, when people run out of constructive arguments for @TRO they just revert to default "Steve Bruce".

It frustrates me, and I ain't even him. lol

It's been years.

Hoping someone will now attack me for my  everlasting love of Tim Sherwood - as a distraction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually wanted to comment on that post but didn't bother, when people run out of constructive arguments for @TRO they just revert to default "Steve Bruce".

It frustrates me, and I ain't even him. lol

It's been years.

Hoping someone will now attack me for my  everlasting love of Tim Sherwood - as a distraction.

water off a ducks back JV, but thanks.

The comical thing is, I am not even a SB fan....just grateful for him stopping the rot when he did.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TRO said:

is his dentist in the crowd?

just asking?

He should be.

I swear some of these transfer deals are like pulling teeth.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm old and can't work instagram.

Has Watkins actually replied to that picture?

That's a great sign if he has. Why would he get involved otherwise?

8 hours ago, pete101 said:

Ya it's his acc that replied alright 22k followers

That's nice of him to bother. Obviously looking forward to being at the next knees-up. Sign him up! 

8 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Could it be that Watkins has agreed in principle to join us, Brentford are prepared to accept our offer, but are waiting to see if other interested clubs will bid higher and see if Watkins fancies a move there instead?

Quite possibly but Watkins has to make a decision soonish to think which clubs suits him best at this stage of his career. He will be getting a massive wage increase to whatever club he moves to. His main priority is to find a club that he will play regularly in and improve. A year's time he could be getting a fat extension to a contract anyway. Villa should tick all the boxes, he knows the head coach,  and he knows one of the assistant head coach. Yes he is playing in London but he is originally a west country boy and Birmingham is not that far away from home. Mings is a fellow south westerner as well. I suspect this is just a lot of jockeying around before he signs on about 50K a week, four year contract.

A few people mentioned on the radio today that Villa would be the best move for the player.

Obviously Smith and Watkins know each other.

Villa are looking to slowly improve and sign players who can improve too.

Watkins (it was mentioned) shares some similarities with Tammy Abraham and would therefore be a 'good choice' for Villa.

• Like 1

Â