Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:


 A lot of people are missing the wages point. It’s infuriating.

Rodriguez will be on mind boggling wages. £200k/week possibly more given the size of the drop in club stature. That’s >£10m/year forgetting bonuses, agent fees etc.

Over the course of a 4 year contract that’s £65m + fees (Probably another £5-10m). With hardly any resale.

If it means us building an organic, evolving team that can one day become self sufficient I don’t mind avoiding these deals.

A potential Mesut Ozil situation for them, you’d have to say it’s 50/50 risk vs reward.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:


 A lot of people are missing the wages point. It’s infuriating.

Rodriguez will be on mind boggling wages. £200k/week possibly more given the size of the drop in club stature. That’s >£10m/year forgetting bonuses, agent fees etc.

Over the course of a 4 year contract that’s £65m + fees (Probably another £5-10m). With hardly any resale.

If it means us building an organic, evolving team that can one day become self sufficient I don’t mind avoiding these deals.

Signing him could potentially attract a better calibre of player for them in future windows though, he has a mega huge social following.

"If it means us building an organic, evolving team that can one day become self sufficient." I feel like I've entered the healing fields of Glastonbury by mistake again.

Edited by Spray
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weedman said:

Oh my God. I swear every time I see TRO quoted on here it's someone bringing up Steve bloody Bruce completely off topic for no reason. 

Get over it mate. Steve Bruce lost the support of everyone by the end, some people got there sooner than others. It's been 2 **** years, move on

On topic I'm amazed anyone would want James over Watkins. Watkins may never become the player that James was, but he's far more likely to get there in the next 10 years than James is to get back there. He's past it and will be earning unbelievable amounts of money. Honestly Real must be in a state of shock someone is actually going to pay for him, they'd give him away on a free to save on the wages 

Quite a bit of anger there Mrs TRO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Spray said:

Signing him could potentially attract a better quality of player for them in future windows though, he has a mega huge social following.

"If it means us building an organic, evolving team that can one day become self sufficient." I feel like I've entered the healing fields of Glastonbury by mistake again.

Not sure Everton are going to sign a better calibre of player because they’ve spunked all their cash on someone who was great in 2014/15, and is now more famous for his shagging exploits and severe underachievement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Spray said:

Signing him could potentially attract a better quality of player for them in future windows though, he has a mega huge social following.

If that was worth anything, Trezeguet would've attracted Messi to Villa by now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Quite a bit of anger there Mrs TRO.

It is irritating to me when people's arguments are so poorly thought out they need to harp back to points from years ago that literally nobody cares about anymore just to "win" as opposed to actually making a point on the subject in hand, but each to their own mate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If folks are interested the claret and blue pod lads (Birmingham mail / Kendrick) seemed very confident Watkins is coming here.  

They talk about it at 18:08
 

Enjoy the positive speculation Watkins fans!

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Visiting Supporter
1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Why did she downgrade to London? 😉

Because she couldn't find anyone as handsome and dashing as me in her area, plus I was earning big London money, and that was a big pull 😉

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Because she couldn't find anyone as handsome and dashing as me in her area, plus I was earning big London money, and that was a big pull 😉

Yeah I heard you were big down south

 

2D112605-8571-4527-944F-FABDF1C4AD67.jpeg

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

If folks are interested the claret and blue pod lads (Birmingham mail / Kendrick) seemed very confident Watkins is coming here.  

They talk about it at 18:08
 

Enjoy the positive speculation Watkins fans!

 

Thanks for posting. I found their explanation of journalistic methods hilarious. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm old and can't work instagram.

Has Watkins actually replied to that picture?

That's a great sign if he has. Why would he get involved otherwise?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm old and can't work instagram.

Has Watkins actually replied to that picture?

That's a great sign if he has. Why would he get involved otherwise?

Ya it's his acc that replied alright 22k followers

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Ya it's his acc that replied alright 22k followers

Must be coming here.

Why would you bother? Why is he checking?

It's been close for ages.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm old and can't work instagram.

Has Watkins actually replied to that picture?

That's a great sign if he has. Why would he get involved otherwise?

Because he was tagged by the guy who posted the picture. He won't be getting too many notifications with "only" 22k followers, so he probably checked it out.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Must be coming here.

Why would you bother? Why is he checking?

It's been close for ages.

As far as I know , if you are tagged like the guy did in his original post you get notified

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â