Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's just nonsense. He deserved stick cause he was absolutely awful. 

They are making crazy money and living the life most people would kill for. If they can't handle a bit of stick, get a job for £40 k a year like normal people. 

Now whether the stick is productive, that's another discussion entirely. 

sloth yawn GIF

4 hours ago, joshharris12 said:

Obv applies pressure on Brentford to come to a better price 

Why, we've just got our replacement this morning, so why would we have to lower our price for him (Unknown) as according to the press there are plenty of other clubs looking at him, (take that with a pinch of salt) it might have been a different matter if we hadn't got his replacement in already.

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

We should have sold Petrov if that was the case, as for “Bentesky”, as he was known for a few months when he joined, what a waste of money that was.

Plenty of players don’t adapt straight away. Maybe it’s today’s fans and social media but it’s almost like we think it’s easy moving house with a family and learning a new language whilst making new friends in a new city and away from the comforts, because it’s not. It’s not easy no matter what you earn. The brain doesn’t cheer up because the bank balance is high. Loneliness can strike anybody, it’s why we should be supporting all who have challenges and not just thinking they can suffer because they earn good money.

To be fair, Benteke shown a lot of potential since he came against Swansea. Southampton was the worst when we played him and Bent together. The way he bullied Smalling and then assisting it to Weimann was fantastic. Then his goals and assists at Liverpool, he's done a lot to be honest. It's not just about goals, goals mainly comes with confidence, but if you do everything else in the right way goals will come.

Luiz had some wonderful goals, yet we all doubted him at this level, then he made our man of match in 6 games with only one assist.

5 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

We should have sold Petrov if that was the case, as for “Bentesky”, as he was known for a few months when he joined, what a waste of money that was.

Plenty of players don’t adapt straight away. Maybe it’s today’s fans and social media but it’s almost like we think it’s easy moving house with a family and learning a new language whilst making new friends in a new city and away from the comforts, because it’s not. It’s not easy no matter what you earn. The brain doesn’t cheer up because the bank balance is high. Loneliness can strike anybody, it’s why we should be supporting all who have challenges and not just thinking they can suffer because they earn good money.

Huh? Where did I say anything about selling ? This was about giving stick when it’s deserved. 

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Unfortunately it goes with the territory of being a public figure in the entertainment sectors. The reason they make crazy money and very simple lives, is not only because they are good at a spesific thing, but also cause their position in the public eye is compensated. If that's unwanted, get a new job and a much harder life. 

Ironically I'm willing to bet anyone with Wesley's life story would agree to this in a split second. 

Just because he has a well paid life doesn't mean he has an easy life. Despite being well paid would you tell Gary Speed he had it easy just before he took his own life? this kind  of mindset is woefully anachronistic, and although i'm by no way calling you racist, the defence of those that use racist terms like coloured is that its just their generation way of speaking. That isn't acceptable and neither is your view of 'well they've got money so what is wrong with them', because we just don't know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, peterw said:

Just because he has a well paid life doesn't mean he has an easy life. Despite being well paid would you tell Gary Speed he had it easy just before he took his own life? this kind  of mindset is woefully anachronistic, and although i'm by no way calling you racist, the defence of those that use racist terms like coloured is that its just their generation way of speaking. That isn't acceptable and neither is your view of 'well they've got money so what is wrong with them', because we just don't know.

Complete strawman. That's not what I'm saying at all. 

What I'm saying is that when you choose this very priviliged public profession, that’s incredibly well paid and offers a life most people can only dream of, then a bit of stick and criticism when you don't perform goes with it. You can't expect it both ways. 

But to quote a certain grandmother, money is always nice. If you’re sad it's better to be crying in a nice car then an old POS. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What I'm saying is that when you choose this very priviliged public profession, that’s incredibly well paid and offers a life most people can only dream of, then a bit of stick and criticism when you don't perform goes with it. You can't expect it both ways. 

If that's all it was then you'd have a point... You know full well that it doesn't stop there. With social media and the like nowadays, it's gets very personal very quickly. No one, not matter how much they are paid, deserves that.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

But to quote a certain grandmother, money is always nice. If you’re sad it's better to be crying in a nice car then an old POS. 

well kind of is. You're ignoring any possible mental issues from the most ordinary (lonely) to the most severe (depression leading to suicide) just to make a point that he's got money so that he has no reason to be unhappy. That's the sort of ill-thought opinion that is outdated and not welcomed by those living with mental problems or by those who acknowledge the depths that mental issues can take someone. We, as a society, are moving on from labelling people as being okay because of mindset of, 'if it was me this is what i'd be like', because its not about you but them. 

just 'choosing' a privileged lifestyle doesn't protect you from scrutiny, no, but neither do those doing the scrutiny get a free reign in saying what they want however they want. Which is the territory you're crashing into here.

• Like 1

I’m not sure what you are on about. Not completely. 

Giving stick - I’ve seen Villa players told, on social media, to **** off out of the club, called crap and useless. That’s not constructive and it goes well above anything like stick.

What’s wrong with “you’ve had a bad game but we are behind you” instead of stick? These people are only human. I’ve got a strong mind and heart - but if I suffered the same at my work because I made mistakes, I’d make more.

It doesn’t take much to be kind. Giving stick isn’t the best way to make somebody feel welcome.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

To be fair, Benteke shown a lot of potential since he came against Swansea. Southampton was the worst when we played him and Bent together. The way he bullied Smalling and then assisting it to Weimann was fantastic. Then his goals and assists at Liverpool, he's done a lot to be honest. It's not just about goals, goals mainly comes with confidence, but if you do everything else in the right way goals will come.

Luiz had some wonderful goals, yet we all doubted him at this level, then he made our man of match in 6 games with only one assist.

I don’t disagree with this, Benteke did show some good moments but I also remember times where he lost the ball, made bad passes, plus he had 5 goals up to the end of the year. It was only in January that he kicked on - strangely, the same time Wes looked to be improving. Players settle at different rates and the Wes in the Burnley game looked like something had clicked. 

Anyway this is the Watkins thread so I won’t go on about other players. 😁

36 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I don’t disagree with this, Benteke did show some good moments but I also remember times where he lost the ball, made bad passes, plus he had 5 goals up to the end of the year. It was only in January that he kicked on - strangely, the same time Wes looked to be improving. Players settle at different rates and the Wes in the Burnley game looked like something had clicked. 

Anyway this is the Watkins thread so I won’t go on about other players. 😁

I can’t see Wes being outstanding apart from Everton and Burnley game. With Benteke we’ve seen a lot from him even before scoring regularly.

I think the lack of signings making us discussing other players and past players. 

Â