Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Just now, MaVilla said:

Neither watkins or benrahma were in the 24 man squad playing Derby in a friendly today......

Was just gonna say. But that only means that they're probably in talks with some club, not necessarily us. 
And they're 99% gonna be transferred, so leaving them out of the squad is kinda expected.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Blimey, it'll start to look a bit shaky if Watkins goes elsewhere.

It doesn't matter where we buy from. Quality is everywhere, affordability maybe isn't. It's really easy to not buy bad ones.

Lukaku from Inter?! Goodness me.

This was just a throw away comment tbh, obviously he would never come here neither would the others i mentioned i was just using them as an example of our problem and the fact we need to pull a big name in from somewhere. Who? .......i'll leave that down to the board to sort out.

1 minute ago, danceoftheshamen said:

This was just a throw away comment tbh, obviously he would never come here neither would the others i mentioned i was just using them as an example of our problem and the fact we need to pull a big name in from somewhere. Who? .......i'll leave that down to the board to sort out.

Those days are very largely gone mate. Forget signing a shock player from the big boys (Staunton or something), even a good player from a team of a similar level is rock hard. There's too much money around.

Milivojevic from Palace for example. Not even their star man, but a good PL player. He'd cost over £30m. They'd probably ask for £40m and up.

It's picking the players good enough who, for whatever reason, aren't playing the level they should be. It's possible, there's plenty out there.

8 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Watkins in discussions with Fulham Benrahma self  isolating after returning from France 

interesting, thanks.

I would assume that means we arent in for him?, because i would be very surprised if he went to Fulham if Deano actually wanted him.

Unless we wont match the asking price and Fulham will, then it would make sense.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

interesting, thanks.

I would assume that means we arent in for him?, because i would be very surprised if he went to Fulham if Deano actually wanted him.

Unless we wont match the asking price and Fulham will, then it would make sense.

Or it means the Brentford fan has as much knowledge of what's going on at Brentford as the Villa fans have about Villa.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Rolta said:

Or it means the Brentford fan has as much knowledge of what's going on at Brentford as the Villa fans have about Villa.

quite possibly, but he said Fulham, so i will take him on his word unless i can prove otherwise (or if i have a good reason to disbelieve him - which i dont)

Just now, MaVilla said:

quite possibly, but he said Fulham, so i will take him on his word unless i can prove otherwise (or if i have a good reason to disbelieve him - which i dont)

But is he saying that because SkySports said it? Don't take him on his word until you know where his word is from. I wouldn't take anyone's word here unless they had a track record.

I mean, if Thomas Frank visits Villatalk and calls himself Brentfordnylons I might not be saying this, but I think he's just a fan, so...

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But that's actually been reported by media as well

Skysports who talk a lot of crap. Do we all have to do the 'the media' make up a lot of football rumours talk again? 😁

EDIT: and the actual Skysports article, which is probably bullshit, only says in its bullshit way 'Fulham enter the race'.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rolta said:

But is he saying that because SkySports said it? Don't take him on his word until you know where his word is from. I wouldn't take anyone's word here unless they had a track record.

I mean, if Thomas Frank visits Villatalk and calls himself Brentfordnylons I might not be saying this, but I think he's just a fan, so...

yep, u might be right?, i cant say if u are or not 4 sure?, same for Brentfordnylons.

Sure we will find out soon enough.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yep, u might be right?, i cant say if u are or not 4 sure?, same for Brentfordnylons.

Sure we will find out soon enough.

My point isn't 'Fulham aren't in for him'. So it's not about me being right or wrong. 

I'm saying don't just believe the Brentford fan just because he's a Brentford fan—why are you taking him at his word?!—and also just because SkySports said something. So SkySports make stuff up, and they didn't even say he was in talks anyway. It looks like double evidence, but it's likely (sorry Nylon) a fan quoting a potentially BS rumour as if it's further along than it is.

Edited by Rolta

44 minutes ago, Rolta said:

My point isn't 'Fulham aren't in for him'. So it's not about me being right or wrong. 

I'm saying don't just believe the Brentford fan just because he's a Brentford fan—why are you taking him at his word?!—and also just because SkySports said something. So SkySports make stuff up, and they didn't even say he was in talks anyway. It looks like double evidence, but it's likely (sorry Nylon) a fan quoting a potentially BS rumour as if it's further along than it is.

Benrahma self isolating is a fact along with Watkins agent in talks with Fulham but doesn’t mean he’s signing for them.There are also at least 4 other PL clubs including Villa wanting to have discussions so I expect it’s going to be a long process as Brentford and Watkins arnt going to jump at the first offer especially as we want 25 mill for him.

2 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Benrahma self isolating is a fact along with Watkins agent in talks with Fulham but doesn’t mean he’s signing for them.There are also at least 4 other PL clubs including Villa wanting to have discussions so I expect it’s going to be a long process as Brentford and Watkins arnt going to jump at the first offer especially as we want 25 mill for him.

Where's your info actually from? If it's from sky sports I think your certainty is misplaced.

Edited by Rolta

7 hours ago, Rolta said:

Where's your info actually from? If it's from sky sports I think your certainty is misplaced.

Benrahma? Common knowledge Watkins has been with the squad at St George’s all week left  yesterday not through injury so wasn’t involved in the friendly v Derby.Heard from various contacts around the club that he was discussing a potential move to a number of PL clubs then Lyall Thomas Sky sports reporter who has close contacts to our club reported he was talking to Fulham.One things for certain he will be leaving where to who knows hope it’s Villa and think it’s a better career move than Fulham and that’s nothing to do with local rivalries or they pipped us in the play offs.Leeds please No

• Like 2

It's exciting times at Chelsea with them now splashing the cash and a young manager in charge. I reckon Tammy would be very reluctant to leave with him being a Chelsea fan and full of am option etc. 

I think I would rather sign someone exciting to be making the move from their own club to ours i.e someone like Watkins moving up a division

9 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I wouldn't be bothered if he went to Fulham for £25m. 

I see it as we are trying for bigger fish. If we wanted him, I think we'd blow Fulham out of the water. 

Ignorant? Maybe. 

Think you will find Fulham’s owner is one of the wealthiest in the world,he bid 750 mill to buy Wembley stadium 

Â