Jump to content

Ollie Watkins


alreadyexists
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

From watching his Youtube clips he seem's to be a poacher, a lot of the chances he got for Brentford were from opportunities we wouldn't have created last season. We really need to improve the wingers and midfield if we sign Watkins.

That being said I was really impressed with his hold up play last night so there is more to his game.

That's what caught my eye as well. He is very physical. Since he started out wide at Brentford I assumed he was a bit lightweight. Glad to be wrong on that one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

John Cross in the mirror saying Palace will bid £18m for him 

Im confident he will choose us over palace.

We are a bigger club have more money and the dean smith factor.

Palace are aging on the down and have a dinosaur as manager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im confident he will choose us over palace.

We are a bigger club have more money and the dean smith factor.

Palace are aging on the down and have a dinosaur as manager.

Hard to tell 

Cahill didn't, I don't think bigger club really means that much anymore 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly. And i reckon he would be consistently better on the left than trez is

Or right. And is there any doubt.

How useful would it be to have a player who can actually play those front three positions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thinking about this, I reckon Dean would be buying him as a winger. That's where he played under Dean, and would make sense that we're stkill looking for an out and out striker at the higher end of the market.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Proven like Sebastian Haller you mean? :P 

PL is very different to other leagues. I'd actually say it's safer to buy from the Champ, because they are used to the pace of the game.

I get the point you're trying to make but I don't think Haller was very highly rated by anyone that had seen much of him, playing up top alongside Jovic (who went to Madrid) made him look a lot better than he was and then he was thrown up top as a lone striker when he'd excelled as a foil

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Thinking about this, I reckon Dean would be buying him as a winger. That's where he played under Dean, and would make sense that we're stkill looking for an out and out striker at the higher end of the market.

Its good to have the option to use for both or as @Rolta says on the right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Thinking about this, I reckon Dean would be buying him as a winger. That's where he played under Dean, and would make sense that we're stkill looking for an out and out striker at the higher end of the market.

Dean said on TV last night that the plan was always to eventually play him down the centre

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I'm okay with this signing if he's brought in to play down the left and Grealish moves back into midfield. We still need a striker that is better at finishing chances and comfortable at a high level. Makes me nervous thinking that we're gambling on getting enough goals again this season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Dean said on TV last night that the plan was always to eventually play him down the centre

Missed that, but if that's the case, then having him as a rotational striker and an option across the front 3, for £18m, is ridiculously good business. If we plan to use him as the main striker we need to pray he makes the step up and quickly. That would be a big concern for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hard to tell 

Cahill didn't, I don't think bigger club really means that much anymore 

were we even in for cahil? he's probably got an older family though, kids at school in london etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'm okay with this signing if he's brought in to play down the left and Grealish moves back into midfield. We still need a striker that is better at finishing chances and comfortable at a high level. Makes me nervous thinking that we're gambling on getting enough goals again this season

I am sure Jack will want to be playing mid given that's his starting opportunity for the Euros, so would think left is indeed where Watkins would get the most games were he to come in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Â