4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its been him emi and konsa for me.

Targett just missin out

Yes I like an attacker to get it. Grealish but for missing a great chunk of the season would be player of the year

Same as the MOTM votes most weeks, it's grealish, of course its grealish but because its grealish doing grealish things you take it for granted and vote for someone else

Watkins is a tactical shift that has made us a much better team, our defence is better because of Watkins... Thats how good his pressing has been, he is absolutely key to us 

Emu would be a worthy winner too 

How good is that? We can have a debate and vote on player of the season based on several players playing really well, would be interesting if the club released the percentages (or at least VT did a proper poll) the Stephen Ireland days are long gone 

• Like 1
  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)

I can’t wait to see him continue to improve this, and next season. 7 times hitting the woodwork, combined with the disallowed goals, he’s so unfortunate to not have more goals. Hopefully more drop in next season for him and could easily get 20+ for us. 

Superb signing. I was unsure when he arrived but he’s won me round 10 times over. 

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jim said:

How many shots on target do we reckon Ollie had last night? Having a row with William Hill as they reckon it was only two including the goal.

I make it at least three, the one on one with Pickford in the 16th, the goal and the one off his thigh. 

whoscored.com say its 2 from 4 shots

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

whoscored.com say its 2 from 4 shots

Hmmm saw that, can’t say I agree with it if the keeper had to make a save.

8 minutes ago, jim said:

Hmmm saw that, can’t say I agree with it if the keeper had to make a save.

Does it qualify as a shot if its a "deflection" though?

19 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Does it qualify as a shot if its a "deflection" though?

Two of them weren’t though, the one on one with Pickford and the shot that came off his thigh. 

He's got a nice soft face and he's ever so well spoken, the type of bright young man that parents would be quite happy to date their daughter. He's good with the media and well liked and always seems really calm.

And then he gets on the pitch and he's this quick, strong, monster that batters defences and clatters defenders, he's hostile, he chases down everything and he's completely and utterly relentless for ninety minutes.

He's a bully. 

A quite brilliant bully.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Hes my Villa player of the season 

Straight shot between him and Martinez in my view. Grealish, Konsa, Targett also all very good the vast majority of the time. 

I'm pleasantly surprised how quick and tenacious he is, closes down as good as any other forward in the PL.

Watkins has been so unlucky, goals disallowed, hitting the woodwork. Just imagine if all those efforts had been given as goals Villa would be comfortably top four. Let's pretend for awhile!

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Straight shot between him and Martinez in my view. Grealish, Konsa, Targett also all very good the vast majority of the time. 

I also think Cash adds a lot to the team with his energy and his forward play. He is still learning, but I think he will be up there with the aforementioned before long.

• Like 1

Was reading the forums and other social media posts from Everton fans saying how amazing Watkins is.

They were saying he were a menace to there defenders and were even wanting rid of holdgate.

So yeah if Holgate gets dropped, Watkins your to blame for putting the nail in the coffin 🤣🤣.

Good job lad.

8 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I also think Cash adds a lot to the team with his energy and his forward play. He is still learning, but I think he will be up there with the aforementioned before long.

I agree and think he has been a great signing and will be a fantastic player for us but he needs to stop giving away penalties and silly cards before I put him up with that group over the season. 

• Like 1

Jim Beglin called him Ollie The Worker during the broadcast, and there really isn’t a better way to describe him.  Could make a great song out of that nickname 

• VT Supporter

I think we will find out on Thursday just how good a striker Watkins is!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Gets clattered, wrestled, fouled all season.

Gets sent off for diving.

Just insanity.

I don't think the ref takes into account 3000 minutes of football when making a split second decision.

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â