Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

38 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

From Brentford to Villa and now England call up caped with a goal.  What a year this guy is having!  Cherry on top now will be making the Euro squad.

jordi caballero dance GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Me: I'm just going on VillaTalk to see what they're saying about Watkins scoring

Missus: What did they say?

Me: Ah, the usual. Fair play Ollie, well done, good on ya, that can only be good for us etc. etc. A couple just keep going on about Leeds fans and how obsessed they are with Villa.

Missus: They say that quite often that Leeds fans are obsessed with Villa, don't they? Bit strange that. No? It's almost like some of them are obsessed with Leeds...

Spoken like a true leeds fan but 😉

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Glad for him, but what on earth are we doing playing San Marino right now. It's like the FA are more interested in stat padding instead of protecting player's physical condition for the Euros.

A step further why bother with qualifiers ? - we all know who will qualify and who won't. Qualifiers were valid when only the select few made the finals. But with so many teams now in the finals it's more or less a waste of time. Euros even more so.

UEFA and FIFA are both set up as 1 FA 1 vote

As much as we all like to think that the English are bigger than San marino when it comes to voting we are on equal footing

When it comes to voting not to play each other even if we voted to not doing it they are never going to do it and there are more nations that see these games as necessary and those that don't, they're going nowhere 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

A step further why bother with qualifiers ? - we all know who will qualify and who won't. Qualifiers were valid when only the select few made the finals. But with so many teams now in the finals it's more or less a waste of time. Euros even more so.

You do? Can you name me the 13 qualifiers so I can bet on it

On 25/03/2021 at 21:27, TheStagMan said:

So does that mean that Brentford and Exeter get a little windfall now? 

🙂

Would be nice to think that Weston-Super-Mare got something as well, since they provided him his first regular first team slot when he was just a youth.

But I guess it doesn’t work like that.

On 25/03/2021 at 23:42, Sam-AVFC said:

Glad for him, but what on earth are we doing playing San Marino right now. It's like the FA are more interested in stat padding instead of protecting player's physical condition for the Euros.

Even the littlest and most unfancied teams sometimes have their day...

B8D15DD6-F712-4CFA-AA34-F6C162C7C29D.jpeg

19 hours ago, jonjon said:

It does indeed, £1 million for us, and we pass on about £75,000 to Exeter, win, win for both clubs, keep getting picked and scoring Ollie and that will mean even more for us both, schooled and brought up by 2 clubs who know how to treat and bring on young players, and then polished up by Villa, all credit to 3 damn good clubs 👏

Brentford get some to don't they???

I remember people mocked me when we bought Watkins but I did throw my weight around the lad going onto playing for England. I still think as long as Villa keep moving in the right directions and we find some better Wingers to service Watkins right that Watkins could be an heck of an International player for England. After all we would need Watkins to keep scoring and more next season and beyond to keep getting in a stronger position for being picked for future international events.

Edited by Dave-R

11 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I remember people mocked me when we bought Watkins but I did throw my weight around the lad going onto playing for England. I still think as long as Villa keep moving in the right directions and we find some better Wingers to service Watkins right that Watkins could be an heck of an International player for England. After all we would need Watkins to keep scoring and more next season and beyond to keep getting in a stronger position for being picked for future international events.

Why did they mock you? 

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why did they mock you? 

Because I said he'd play for England after just some games of scoring a few for us and because I said I reckon he could be an England Great if he gets into England and can find his feet fast enough and scoring for his nation..

I can understand why people thought I were talking crap, but I wernt just looking at Watkins scoring Goals but alot of his game. He will benefit clubs in ways alot of strikers just do not.

It was I that was first to suggest that he'd play for England...

On 08/09/2020 at 14:30, useless said:

Watkins scores fifteen or more goals next season and he'll be worth £50m plus straight away, I wouldn't put it past him to get an England call up, that would also add to his value.

Â