Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I wonder if after he’d skinned Coady and was running at goal from halfway if he had gone down when the lad pulled him back if it would have been a red like Sheffield United? Anyway I was glad he didn’t but they got away with it and it shows WHY players dive since you don’t get anything if you stay up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I wonder if after he’d skinned Coady and was running at goal from halfway if he had gone down when the lad pulled him back if it would have been a red like Sheffield United? Anyway I was glad he didn’t but they got away with it and it shows WHY players dive since you don’t get anything if you stay up.

This is so true. I get so annoyed watching players built like tanks go over screaming in agony after the slightest touch and then jumping up and jogging off after they get the free - but what is their alternative? If they don’t make a meal of it, the ref won’t enforce the laws - diving is not just incentivised and rewarded, it’s actually the only way to get ‘justice’ for the infringement. I’m always glad when players stay on their feet - I feel they are more honest, it’s just a shame that the honesty is so rarely rewarded.

Edited by Sgl
Spelling
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Comfortably gets 16 or 17 goals this season. We've goals in many areas though now so it's all good.

I think I said before the season that 12-15 would be a really success season... that looks to be likely I think. 
I also think once we get Welsey back the two will compliment each other well and if not playing together will spur each other on for that starting striker spot.

Just now, Tom13 said:

Doesn't seem to read the game or spot the right pass very well at all

What pass? Playing with the chuckle brothers either side of him. Can't read a pass from El Ghazi when he disguises it as a row z pot shot 9 out of 10 and cant read a pass from Traore when he disguises it with 8 stopovers 4 body faints and a feeble attempt with his swinger to make any contact with the ball

He scored against Liverpool and Arsenal from open play. Thats it. 

We need another striker. And we need to let Davis go to a League 2 club where he might manage 5 goals a season. 

I like Ollie, but he isn't ready yet for the cut and thrust of the Premier League. We need an Ings type player to put the ball away on a regular basis.

• Like 2

We can be (and are) critical of the misses from AEG and Traore but at least they are there almost scoring.

Every time I watch Villa he is anonymous. If he gets the ball out wide and forced to take it forward he always loses it.

At £28m we should have had something closer to a finished product. 

• Like 1

He seems really low on confidence which is so odd.  Maybe more fragile mentally than I thought he would be?

Also worth recognising that this is his second season ever as a striker, and his first season ever in the Premier League.  He'll get better for sure - but frustrating with the rest of them tonight.

Â