Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Dunno. Switched off when we put AEG on.

Edit. Apparently it was prior that. Not sure where my mind was yesterday. Think it broke when I had to assemble Danish furniture from hell.

Why didn't you go to IKEA and get some easy to assemble Swedish furniture? The far superior Scandinavian furniture in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Jack gave him the one against Southampton because they both wanted  him to keep scoring - it was an on the pitch decision, which Smith should now put right by giving it to someone more clinical. Either Jack, Douglas, or Barkley.

Players should never get to decide who takes a penalty IMO. The manager should know who is the best penalty taker on the pitch by seeing them take them in training and that player should take the pens. You should be scoring 90% of the penalties you get (or above). It feels like we have about a 60% strike rate down through the years.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Players should never get to decide who takes a penalty IMO. The manager should know who is the best penalty taker on the pitch by seeing them take them in training and that player should take the pens. You should be scoring 90% of the penalties you get (or above). It feels like we have about a 60% strike rate down through the years.  

I might be wrong but I am sure during all the carry on when the penalty was awarded I saw the camera point to Smith and he said "same" to someone.

Might have been completely unrelated but I am would be surprised if Watkins was not designated penalty taker . Rightly or wrongly.

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Why didn't you go to IKEA and get some easy to assemble Swedish furniture? The far superior Scandinavian furniture in my opinion.

IKEA is alright and very easy to assemble. But my gf loves the danish design. Unfortunately it's a nightmare to assemble. I bought a bookshelf and it had 327 loose parts. Not even joking. I bought a dresser and it had a 100 + loose parts, and 5 different screws for no obvious reason. It also had excess parts of everything so when you're done you're sure you made a mistake.

At least with IKEA its whole wood and this danish crap is just particle wood plates.

It's all a sad story.

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Over the 5 years preceeding the 2019-20 season, for the top 4 leagues in Europe, the penalty conversion rate was an average of 75%. It climbed a bit last season and following the return after lockdown the conversion rate in the PL increased (mainly due to Bruno Fernandes on a hot streak) but in the Bundesliga, La Liga and Serie A, the conversion rate fell from its pre-lockdown rate.

It surprised me that the conversion rate is so low to be honest. It seems like with the expectation of 90% (I also thought it'd be about here) or above we're going to be disappointed.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/are-penalty-kicks-easier-without-fans-maybe-not/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

IKEA is alright and very easy to assemble. But my gf loves the danish design. Unfortunately it's a nightmare to assemble. I bought a bookshelf and it had 327 loose parts. Not even joking. I bought a dresser and it had a 100 + loose parts, and 5 different screws for no obvious reason. It also had excess parts of everything so when you're done you're sure you made a mistake.

At least with IKEA its whole wood and this danish crap is just particle wood plates.

It's all a sad story.

🤮

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Unforgivable to miss the target with a pen. Hit the target and even if the keeper saves it may end up back in play. Frustrating.

To be fair it did end up back in play. Completely agree though, 100 out of 100 should hit the target in training and >95 out of 100 should hit the target in the pressure and exhaustion of a game.

7 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Unforgivable to miss the target with a pen. Hit the target and even if the keeper saves it may end up back in play. Frustrating.

Its annoying but it just doesn't work like that, 1 in 4 are missed on average aren't they?

I'm sure i read that Ramos missed two in one game not long ago, it happens but you cant crucify a player for it.

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Its annoying but it just doesn't work like that, 1 in 4 are missed on average aren't they?

I'm sure i read that Ramos missed two in one game not long ago, it happens but you cant crucify a player for it.

1 in 4 aren't converted but most of those are saved. Ramos had two saved rather than missing the target with two. Much more palatable

49 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

Love him leading the line … but I couldn't quite believe his penalty stats when they came up on the screen last night. That's 4 of his last 6 he's missed. That's an atrocious record at any level and he really should never take one again

Yeah i agree. I always wonder why if you have such a atrocious record you try go high top corner. Its was a completely stupid decison. 

14 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I agree that its unforgivable to miss a penalty in general but disagree that hitting the target is more important 

30cm lower and its an unsavable penalty 

There are worse ways to miss that's for sure, its not like he put it 1m to the side of him at a comfortable height, I'd be more pissed about that 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I agree that its unforgivable to miss a penalty in general but disagree that hitting the target is more important 

30cm lower and its an unsavable penalty 

There are worse ways to miss that's for sure, its not like he put it 1m to the side of him at a comfortable height, I'd be more pissed about that 

Yeah but hitting it high is just another way to miss. Hit it low and hard so the keeper can't save it and you can't sky it. 

Â