Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

On 21/11/2020 at 23:45, TrentVilla said:

Yeah I think its harsh being critical of him on that one.

The only thing I think he can be criticised on today was the one where the defender gets across him from the cross. The top forwards in the league wouldn't have waited for the ball, they'd have anticipated the challenge and stepped in front of the defender and likely got a pen.

Agreed. But it was still a fantastic tackle so I can't really blame him too much there either

On 25/11/2020 at 10:13, Stevo985 said:

Agreed. But it was still a fantastic tackle so I can't really blame him too much there either

It was less a criticism and more a so that he is still very raw in PL terms despite the goals he has scored. He will hopefully learn from it.

• Like 1

I don't really understand why he's taking penalties but, let's face it, he's had a quiet game and still put one on the plate for Trez and had a goal disallowed for his arm being offside.  I'm OK with that kind of output from being "not good enough".

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

VAR got that wrong. The line for Watkins was drawn too far down his arm. Deliberately to make him offside. If they'd drawn it from the correct location he was onside 

Yep, if he'd scored with the part they measured from they'd have disallowed it for handball. 

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

VAR got that wrong. The line for Watkins was drawn too far down his arm. Deliberately to make him offside. If they'd drawn it from the correct location he was onside 

To be fair we got away with one like this last season against palace but yeah we should look at making our sleeves a lot shorter to make it harder for VAR to pick up on 

Robbed of a goal.

Not sure what he was playing at with the penalty though. He hit a very nice one v Southampton into side netting but as we were 4-1 down at the time guess it was less pressure.

If this season has shown anything just make sure you get it on target even if it's saved as decent amount have already been retaken and Fabianski had moved off his line early. Tried to be way too clever going for the top part of the goal. Was going to say Jack back on the penalties but he missed pretty much identical one at Sheffield united last season.

Such a stupid defeat in pretty much every way tonight.

• Like 1

I thought he was pretty decent, apart from the penalty horror-show. He showed some good touches and control, up against 3 experienced defenders who had only conceded 1 at home since the first day of the season. That VAR call is 'correct' in the narrow sense that he's over the notional line, but obviously completely wrong in the much larger sense that he appears to be being fouled at exactly the moment they're looking at, so he's hardly got an advantage.

Â