Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Never been completely sold on him. Works hard, is quick and stronger than he looks, I’ve just always been unsure if his technical ability is really up to the top level. Maupay always looked the better striker when they were both there (Watkins was shunted out wide to let Maupay play through the middle).

I think he’s better than what we have currently, I would just prefer Edouard. 

• Like 2

I'm all for this, has all the attributes to be a good Premier League striker. £18m is a decent price as well. 

Hopefully us having Smith in charge should put us in a good position when it comes to competition for his signature. 

7 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Would be a solid squad signing but we can't gamble on him making the step up so I hope we would have another in mind too. 

Squad player?

It really doesn't take much to be a better player than both Wes and Samatta.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I'm fairly new to VillaTalk but is this like an on going joke? Villareport are not a "source", they just post what other Journo's have said and quote them in the tweet. They are 100% reliable in reporting what other news sources have said.

It’s exactly that, an ongoing joke from a time when people didn’t get what the Villareport account was all about. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I'm fairly new to VillaTalk but is this like an on going joke? Villareport are not a "source", they just post what other Journo's have said and quote them in the tweet. They are 100% reliable in reporting what other news sources have said.

It is indeed mate (and not a very funny one :D)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

18m thats a steal for me. He is different to our other strikers.

Personally sell Samatta loan out davis and get watkins and one othee striker in.

Happy if true 

Same here. Wesley, Watkins and a marquee striker would be great. Davis can get himself sharpened up in the championship, with a recall option if we need him. 

Would be delighted with this signing. Young, quick, strong, knows where the net is (albeit so far at a lower level) and has the potential to improve along the way. Can play up top or wide so gives us an option either way. I just hope we also have a big name proven striker coming in too. 🙏

1 minute ago, ramshackler said:

Hmm haven't been convinced by him at championship level so not particularly excited by this

46 goals in 3 seasons in Championship isnt bad, he played wide the first 2 seasons 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Not necessarily Premier League, just at a decent level (not the championship).

I wouldn't mind Celtic's Edouard, he looks like he could get better at 22 y.o.  

The Championship is a higher level than the Scottish Premiership IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

18m thats a steal for me. He is different to our other strikers.

Personally sell Samatta loan out davis and get watkins and one othee striker in.

Happy if true 

agreed on loaning out davis. think that's a no brainer. but i've not given up on samatta yet...i think he needs a partner though. hoping with 4 strikers (wes, sama, watkins, 1 other) smith will go 2 up top more regularly

Â