Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

40 minutes ago, Exeter Fan said:

FWIW, Brentford fans were on our forums worried about paying nearly £2m initially for him!

Now look how well they've done out of him. Give it 2 years and he'll be making a big money move to a top 6 side.

I was right with you up to then, cheeky.

A couple more years we will be competing for top six.

Well done, by the way. Nice little windfall for you. 👍

The fee is irrelevant. Its high, but essentially we got our man and top target. I think the first time I saw him properly was at Villa Park in the 2-2 vs. Smith’s Brentford. Was very impressive and saw a bit of early Dele Alli in him. Think he played off the left that night but he was the standout player for them, looked dangerous all night and a player I wanted us to get. Workrate, build, technique was all what you want from a forward thinking player. He’s only going to get better. Delighted with this.

• Like 2

Just now, TreeVillan said:

Wow I don't know what expensive in football is anymore... Guess Chelsea inflating the market this year?

They've had the Hazard money and Morata,  Costa etc sitting in the bank for a few transfer windows. They were going to show no mercy lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thing is mate, that extra 6 - 8 mill might be taking away from the budget for another player we want on big money too?

Quite possibly but once you factor in wages then it might not impact too greatly on our budget. I doubt Watkins will be on anything near the sort of money Wilson wanted so maybe this was why we agreed to the reported fee. 

Â