Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

When and who was the last villa player to score a hat trick in the prem?

Found it, benteke apr 2015 versus QPR.

Prior to that was benteke again in apr 2013 versus Sunderland.

Before that u gotta go back to 2008......

Edited by MaVilla

That was an incredible performance, not just the goals but the overall performance. Our Brentford friends said he was strong and a good target player, you can't really see it but my god he he strong. He won so many of the long balls, almost like he is better than Benteke as a target man, but doing smarter things when having control of the ball.

Another thing I noticed in the play off final and in one of our cup games is his shooting ability, he strikes the ball really well and can manage to get a good shot away from standing still, not many can do that. 

Then there is his movement which is first class. I too looked at the goals from last season and wasn't so impressed, blaming the quality of the defence in the Championship, but it was probably as some pointed out that his movement was so good.

I was unsure of how he as a Championship player would manage to take the step up to the Premier League. Well, after a couple of steady performances he presented himself yesterday. Not a shadow of a doubt he is PL standard, not only that, can be a top top player. He got the better out of Van Dijk and can get the better our of anyone. A complete player.

The combo of him, Jack and Barkley makes me drool. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Can't believe he didn't get an England call up, must be something personal with the England manager, twaaat

England are not short of good forwards to be fair. Calvert-Lewin deserved a call-up. Watkins time will come if he continues to play this way. Too soon to be called up yet though. 

2 hours ago, a-k said:

Some absolute bollocks being spewed on the BBC live text

Untitled.thumb.jpg.52c31e1adcef0b0f315a08d00a7d648b.jpg

Yes all very fun, especially me being in Manchester since 8. 

Amad Traore is someone Manchester United have scouted for quite a long time. He is very inexperienced. He has been at Atalanta for a while but he came over from the Ivory Coast. 

He is the kind of player that Manchester United have been building towards signing - a young player that they can develop. 

I hesitate to use the words Cristiano Ronaldo but they got Ronaldo as a relatively young player, he was a little bit more experienced than Traore but he was equally as young. 

That is what Manchester United are working towards, this ability to bring in players and develop them into world stars who play for Manchester United.

That is the cultural reboot of United, which the club said they were working towards in the wake of Jose Mourinho's departure. That is what this kind of signing is aimed at.

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

"Manchester United are at the top of the tree"

What planet is that simpleton living on?

"Chief Soccer Correspondent for the NY Times"

To answer your question: The USA

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Was that Carew against Newcastle?

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I remember the Sunderland one well. Probably the last game prior to Sunday where you had to pinch yourself at the final score and performance.

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

the polka king money GIF by NETFLIX

And I love it!

But it may be pocket change and greed, but it's more about the survival of our club in these difficult times. Getting greedy over the little crumbs

Edited by Exeter Fan

3 minutes ago, Exeter Fan said:

And I love it!

But it may be pocket change and greed, but it's more about the survival of our club in these difficult times. Getting greedy over the little crumbs

I know mate, just a cheap gag. 

It's brilliant and I think all deals should be set like this so the PL money benefits everyone. 

Â