Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I’m going to put the goals to one side for a second...

His holding play is astounding. It feels like a League One mentality, but Emi or Mings long-ball to Watkins, and Watkins holding up the ball until everyone else rushes out is looking absolutely golden for us.

He’s better at it than Davis, and he can put the ball in the net. Exactly what we needed.

Fair play to the board for backing Smith and paying the fee for Watkins. I think we all thought he was a tad expensive but he was the man Dean wanted and you can see why.

Excellent player and will only get better

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I’m going to put the goals to one side for a second...

His holding play is astounding. It feels like a League One mentality, but Emi or Mings long-ball to Watkins, and Watkins holding up the ball until everyone else rushes out is looking absolutely golden for us.

He’s better at it than Davis, and he can put the ball in the net. Exactly what we needed.

he was also winning headers at times that he had maybe 20 percent chance of winning

Seems so down to earth and a thoroughly nice young man.

Was almost beating himself up for not getting 5, the interviewer had to tell him not to be so hard on himself. 

He'll be our highest PL scorer this season I am sure. 

I feel like all the comments about doubling his value are missing the point, because we'd be really dumb to sell him and Dean here and the current trajectory of the team I think he'd be cool with us esentially refusing to listen to offers in the same way as we did for Grealish.

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Seems so down to earth and a thoroughly nice young man.

Was almost beating himself up for not getting 5, the interviewer had to tell him not to be so hard on himself. 

He'll be our highest PL scorer this season I am sure. 

Yeah, this is worth mentioning too - he does come across as a nice bloke and very much the sort of person you want at the club.

On 08/09/2020 at 13:45, useless said:

Fee does seem excessive, but if we were paying this much for say MItrovic then I doubt there'd be as much surprise, and I watched quite a bit of both last season and Watkins was the far better forward, has such a brilliant all round game, can hold the ball up, bring others into play, has excellent workrate, tracks back, chases lost causes, good in the air, has pace, scores goals, versatile, maybe we've paid a little too much if it goes ahead, but I think he'll prove to be a very good signing.

As Shakespearean actors bring the bard's words to life so does Watkins bring my words to life with his brilliant performance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â