Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I really like him, he has added a dimension to our front running.

I also found it interesting listening to Jamie Carragher, talking about Firmino and highlighting his lack of goals, but still keeps his place due to his workrate and pressing and other attributes other than scoring.

We are all sometimes pre-occupied by strikers scoring and that is understandable and helpful.....but as long as the team is scoring, we've cracked it.

He will score plenty of goals as well. its just a matter of time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Tete looking at Odoi like "I know this mf did not do that again".

He already looked fed up with his fellow defenders after the second goal :lol:

He's looking at it like: After what happened last weekend to him, against slower defenders he just seems to brutalised them. They can't keep up and have to tug his shirt to stay with him. 

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I really like him, he has added a dimension to our front running.

I also found it interesting listening to Jamie Carragher, talking about Firmino and highlighting his lack of goals, but still keeps his place due to his workrate and pressing and other attributes other than scoring.

We are all sometimes pre-occupied by strikers scoring and that is understandable and helpful.....but as long as the team is scoring, we've cracked it.

I agree entirely with this BUT I also think Watkins will score bucketloads. 

• Like 2

Just now, Adam2003 said:

I agree entirely with this BUT I also think Watkins will score bucketloads. 

I do too.....

I was just adding an alternative approach and a touch on Keinan too.

• Like 1

I'm loving the fact that Wilder has just spent £23m on Brewster after all the rhetoric when we spent £28m on Watkins, with far more experience and flexibility, and Liverpool have a sell on and buy back.  It's a bit like us with Dougie L - you want him to play well BUT NOT TOO WELL in case the buy back gets activated!

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I'm loving the fact that Wilder has just spent £23m on Brewster after all the rhetoric when we spent £28m on Watkins, with far more experience and flexibility, and Liverpool have a sell on and buy back.  It's a bit like us with Dougie L - you want him to play well BUT NOT TOO WELL in case the buy back gets activated!

That amount is just eye watering. Especially with the track record of previous Liverpool academy grads. 

On 02/09/2020 at 18:35, Sulberto21 said:

FWIW I'd like us to sign Watkins. But £28m is too high a price. However, £28m for Watkins or £20m for Wilson. Watkins everyday of the week. 

Too high for a hatrick hero against the current champions? 😍

But na it is interesting seeing all the posts at the beginning of the thread. Some even saying 20m was too much!

Edited by Exeter Fan
  • Like 2

Â