Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I just really really hope his head doesn't drop or anything. Didn't quite click for him in front of goal today but his overall game was very good, some great holdup play and 1-2s with Jack. Bit unfortunate we have the likes of Liverpool and Leicester coming up but there's absolutely good signs with Watkins. It should come. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Poor today.

Have to be honest

Come on mate. Too obvious!

You need to be a bit more subtle in your fishing expeditions. 

• Like 3

Just now, villanmac said:

Now thats a centre forward!! we missed a spear head like that all last season. Pace, movement, effective link up play. 

Allows us to finally be a threat on the counter attack (big reason we were shit last season) and will find ourselves 20 yards further up the pitch with him playing like that. Honestly buzzing at the potential we now have with him. 

Spot on 

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I just really really hope his head doesn't drop or anything. Didn't quite click for him in front of goal today but his overall game was very good, some great holdup play and 1-2s with Jack. Bit unfortunate we have the likes of Liverpool and Leicester coming up but there's absolutely good signs with Watkins. It should come. 

He did look distraught with anguish towards the end of the game.

13 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Lightweight ? He's thrown around Sheffield United and Fulham defenders in both games so far.

Totally agree. He actually has effective physicality. Not just bundling into centre halves and giving them the out of going down for an easy freekick (then moaning and getting the hump about it! ). Hes able to get himself between man and ball, lean in, put them off balance.

If he cant win a header hes puts enough pressure on the defender so that he cant win it cleanly and we can get the 2nd ball. Proper centre forward stuff that i love and only ever see against us! 

• Like 3

Calling it a poor game was probably a bit harsh.

Let me reprase.

He worked like a horse and certainly gave their defenders something to think about, but disappointing end product.

Would still liked Davis to get some minutes today, he deserved it after recent performances.

Edited by villalad21

He looks like a player with a bit of weight on his shoulders. He just needs the first one to land in his lap. 
He looked sharp tonight but just lacking that tiny bit of quality. It’ll come, I’m sure he’s just what we need.

Â