Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Looks like he's got the lot.  Can beat a man, pass, positioning is great.

Sign him up!  Pay whatever it takes!

My thoughts exactly. Got a great football brain. Intelligent player. Seemed to link nicely with Grealish too which is huge. 

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So no one worried about his price tag anymore 🤣

The PL is a funny old place, especially for strikers. 1 good season and that price tag will double. 

Great debut, gets into great positions in the box. You'd expect he'll only get better as well as he gets to grips with the side and a quality winger or 2 join him up front.

Or in Villa's case end up making his worse... 😅

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He will be relishing those fantastic low crosses that Targett puts in. Hopefully Cash from the other side. 

This. Would have been nice to see a bit of the Matty’s tonight.  Watkins I feel gives us the ‘all round’ threat through the middle that we have been missing for years...Can’t wait for Monday now... imagine the atmosphere at Villa Park if we were allowed in. 😏

Edited by handsworthlion
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, handsworthlion said:

This. Would have been nice to see a bit of the Marty’s tonight.  Watkins I feel gives us the ‘all round’ threat through the middle that we have been missing for years...Can’t wait for Monday now... imagine the atmosphere at Villa Park if we were allowed in. 😏

Maybe dont have the crowds there for abit just to let them gel quicker into the team, crowds must add a certain amount of pressure. If it helped our lads be a better team I'm sure most would stay away wouldnt they??

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Maybe dont have the crowds there for abit just to let them gel quicker into the team, crowds must add a certain amount of pressure. If it helped our lads be a better team I'm sure most would stay away wouldnt they??

We seem to play better after the restart last season... if it meant we won every week, I’d certainly stay away. Ollie strikes me as the kind of lad that would raise his game even more in front of a packed Villa Park. It’s not every day you become a massive football clubs record signing.. and to not make your debut In front of your fans Is a shame.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, handsworthlion said:

We seem to play better after the restart last season... if it meant we won every week, I’d certainly stay away. Ollie strikes me as the kind of lad that would raise his game even more in front of a packed Villa Park. It’s not every day you become a massive football clubs record signing.. and to not make your debut In front of your fans Is a shame.

I spose you cant really class it as a proper debut till your in front of your fans right??

He does or should I say seemed to of taken the crowds chants in him at Brentford, he hopefully is that type of players to thrives of crowds.

Two goals though in two games I'm feeling very excited about this guy, and I didnt feel it with Samatta or Wesley.

I think Watkins will be at some point under us in the England squad, a good season or two in him and he will get his chance.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

A good Review on Watkins tonight again, I like this review alot.

Scored his second goal in three days after latching onto Taylor's low cross inside the six-yard box. Just like against United, Watkins found space to finish. The 24-year-old liked to mix it with Burton's bruising centre-halves, enjoyed the battle and showed great pace and athleticism. As mentioned, the £33 million man has that fox in the box about him which could be absolutely pivotal to Villa's success for the season ahead. Missed a glaring opportunity, though, cannoning the crossbar from the penalty spot when put on a plate by skipper Grealish. Looks every bit a goal-scorer.

Â