Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

You don't have to. You've chosen to live up north where the people are grim instead of God's own city. 

Actually, I like pretty much everything about Leeds except for the football team. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

You don't have to. You've chosen to live up north where the people are grim instead of God's own city. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Actually, I like pretty much everything about Leeds except for the football team. 

It was just a joke (don't fret @GENTLEMAN)

Yorkshire people are always referring to Yorkshire as God's own County, and I am sure @mjmooney can live anywhere he likes so doesn't literally have to live amongst them. 

And it's supposed to be Grim up north. 

A very weak joke written after I had cracked open the second bottle of vino. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yorkshire people are always referring to Yorkshire as God's own County, and I am sure @mjmooney can live anywhere he likes so doesn't literally have to live amongst them. 

It was a playful confusion. We need a range of reactions for your nuanced jokes.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I find the Yorkshire pride thing really odd.

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I find the Yorkshire pride thing really odd.

I always have too. I’ve been to Leeds Festival a few times and the crowd randomly bursts in to chants of “Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire” ... juts bizarre. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My first exposure to 'up north' was very grim, a few episodes of 'Geordie Shore'.

"Ya naht Geordie if ya d'nut hav ah tan like" which translates to, "You're not Geordie if you don't have a tan (with the word like thrown in at the end for good measure)"

Bloke's getting a spray tan and looks more fluro-orange than he does sun-kissed, and more manicured and pampered than Paris Hilton's handbag dog. Soft as a baby's bum.

I had a sneaky suspicion these people were a bit 'unique' so I looked up North English culture and lo and behold, it's meant to be a straight talking gritty working class edge.

When in Rome I suppose.

Edited by A'Villan

18 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I always have too. I’ve been to Leeds Festival a few times and the crowd randomly bursts in to chants of “Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire” ... juts bizarre. 

Imagine a West Midlands chant 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

You do know that he played as a winger until last season when he converted to striker? It's completely understandable that his scoring increases and assists decreases. 

Yeah but his dribbles decreased to under one a game. I hope he can bring that back up so we aren't reliant on jack to keep bringing the ball forward. 

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah but his dribbles decreased to under one a game. I hope he can bring that back up so we aren't reliant on jack to keep bringing the ball forward. 

Having a lethal poacher with a high workrate will make everyone on the team better at carrying the ball because defenders will be pulled out of position. 

I hope. 

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Meaning he is probably working the lines now as opposed to carrying the ball from wider positions.

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

The thing we lacked more than anything last season was someone who knew when to be in the box on the end of attacking plays. Given the choice of a poacher's instinct or a dribbler, I know which I'd prefer.

3 hours ago, Greenfly said:

The thing we lacked more than anything last season was someone who knew when to be in the box on the end of attacking plays. Given the choice of a poacher's instinct or a dribbler, I know which I'd prefer.

I'm going he maintains the poachers instinct whilst getting the dribbling if we have Rashica, edouard and him as our front 3 we could conceivably have 4 players who reach 10 goals this year. 

• Like 1

Â