Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That a guy called Banana says Watkins is talking to Villa reps - is just so odd that it's probably entirely true. 

Take it from me you can trust "Banana" or "Nana" as he is affectionately know by most Bees supporters , he is definitely ITK on club matters as he runs our GPG website, I trust him to be right most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just did a bit of Banana stalking on the Brentford forum. His last post says nothing confirmed yet (when asked about whether a £24m bid from Villa had been accepted). 

Someone else is citing that Villamole Twitter b***ocks as evidence Watkins is in talks with us.

And someone called Isleworth Bee really doesn’t like us.

4 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Take it from me you can trust "Banana" or "Nana" as he is affectionately know by most Bees supporters , he is definitely ITK on club matters as he runs our GPG website, I trust him to be right most of the time.

Ya from what I've read he gets a bunch of stuff right over on that site

Reading the Brentford forum the one lad compares us and West Ham and how we react to transfer fees. Villa have a similar reaction to Man Utd fans when it comes to valuations I think. We've been stung so many times by paying too much for players that turn into flops on huge wages and a long contract, that the idea of signing a lad from the championship for +£25mil seems like another mistake waiting to happen. All of our best players recently have been reasonably priced buys that we've made big profits on, or bargain buys from Europe. 

With teams like West Ham, their experience is missing out on players due to not meeting the asking price so they're fearing that's happening again. I guess the fan reaction is just a testament to how the media report your business. 

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yeah, and he scored a **** hat-trick against us once.  Classic Villa.

Say what you like about the last few decades, but we are far and away the market leader for granting make-a-wishes to shite footballers.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 4

Â