Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

5 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Erm... what? That seems a bit much... 

Goes up every day ffs.

I'd do say 45 - 50 mill for both him and Benerahma at a push, and that would still probably be painful.

Still want a quality CM.

Apparently Mckennies Juventus deal has some sort of clause which makes a transfer mandatory if he plays 60 percent of matches etc.

I'm still hoping that he does "OK" in cameos but doesn't really pull up trees and we get him next summer after an improved campaign.

OR any other top CM this window but a commanding CM is must imo.

Just now, Nabby said:

So they have spent £10 on Toney so they need to sell Watkins now , they have a price that's fair enough but think this one might drag on for a while we both sides sticking to their valuation.

Yeah, near the end of the window they will really want to sell and we will really want to buy... so depends on who blinks first.

Unless we just decide to move onto a new target.

£28M for a one good season striker in the EFL who has never played in any top flight... mental.

Bournemouth gouged us for Mings last year because they knew Deano really wanted him and we were desperate. Seems Brentford are aiming to do the same this summer. 

F*** that, at least Edouard has done the business at international level, Watkins isn't proven yet. 

Lange must be able to get better value from Europe or South America for that money.  

• Like 3

Just now, mykeyb said:

Yep I cannot see anything on his twitter............

Brentford Bandits

Villa are also targeting attacking players, with Brentford's Ollie Watkins and Bournemouth's Callum Wilson understood to be high on the list.

Brentford are asking for a fee of around £28m but talks remain ongoing with the Championship club.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

How expensive was Maupay again, use that as a gauge surely, prices have gone down not up!

Wiki says about 20M, and he was the one keeping Watkins on the flank. 

No wonder it's gone quiet over Benrahma, probably cheaper to get Sancho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Wiki says about 20M, and he was the one keeping Watkins on the flank. 

No wonder it's gone quiet over Benrahma, probably cheaper to get Sancho.

Ah ok, thought Maupay was cheaper but even so £28 million is taking the proverbial!

Honestly. Just stop dealing with Brentford full stop.

Fair play to them of course, but it's clear they bring on excellent players, but you'll never get value from them, as they demand wildly excessive fees.

We know they don't barter by now! If we don't want to pay asking price move on to other targets!!

We are going to be left holding our ducks yet again and having to sign a back up option on the quick

I really hope we don’t go down this road. Tbh even £20m for a championship striker who has had one good season is mental. Have we not learned??

I’d much rather have Wilson and don’t get why people aren’t keen on him but are keen on Watkins. Wilson is proven in the PL and wouldn’t cost as much as Watkins. I just don’t get the madness surrounding Watkins at all. 

• Like 1

Â