Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

4 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I’m not sure what you are on about. Not completely. 

Giving stick - I’ve seen Villa players told, on social media, to **** off out of the club, called crap and useless. That’s not constructive and it goes well above anything like stick.

What’s wrong with “you’ve had a bad game but we are behind you” instead of stick? These people are only human. I’ve got a strong mind and heart - but if I suffered the same at my work because I made mistakes, I’d make more.

It doesn’t take much to be kind. Giving stick isn’t the best way to make somebody feel welcome.

but whats wrong with constructive criticism? as with advice.....its what makes us all improve.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t think we could get Rodriguez he is going to Everton because of the manager but when you see the fee is supposed to be £22m and you see us being linked with Watkins for more than that it’s pretty disheartening.

I assume the fee is low because the wages are so high. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t think we could get Rodriguez he is going to Everton because of the manager but when you see the fee is supposed to be £22m and you see us being linked with Watkins for more than that it’s pretty disheartening.

Unless Watkins scores more goals than Rodriguez next season. That's what I think will happen as well. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Might also indicate the departing of Suso was not as "planned" as we thought.

This is looking more likely IMO. Very surprised we've done nothing for the first time.

Maybe we'll find out one day if Lange being appointed so quickly was well planned or rushed through.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

Or is that when it comes to football they turn into idiots.

It seems to me that whilst most people would give a young lad some leeway in the workplace when it comes to making mistakes,they wouldn't dream of giving a young player in playing for the team they support the same consideration...

Agreed. I guess part of it is the money they’re paid. It’s very hard to have sympathy when someone is being paid millions to do their job, however right or wrong that is. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Rodriguez is nothing like the player he was. He looks absolutely done now. Let Everton spunk the house on him.

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

but whats wrong with constructive criticism? as with advice.....its what makes us all improve.

1) You obviously don’t use Twitter 

2) You didn’t want to know when we called out Bruce for his strange tactics and weird formations, plus lack of defenders and players in the wrong positions 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

There’s more money than the the fee you know. 
Rodriguez will probably demand 4x more in wages than Watkins. 

Also, that £22m is a discount, because Madrid haven’t been able to flog the sod for the last 3 years 

34 minutes ago, midian said:

Watkins not in line up/squad for Brentfords 1st game at new stadium today

He's going for sure, especially with them signing Toney. Doesn't neccesarily mean it will be to us. Brentford are been difficult but they are healthy financially and they know they have more than one suitor for him. If it's more than 22 million though, we should walk away. 

We can't keep walking away from our targets though as technically we'd be weaker by moving on to target no.2 or no.3 on our 'wantlist'.

Villa have to put up the money or just be content to make up the numbers in the PL and merely survive!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

You also can't get taken to the cleaners though. Theres a very limited number of clubs that don't have to take any consideration of the concept of 'value' in their signings, and we aren't one of them.

The numbers being touted for Watkins are absurd. Sure, he might return on that fee, but how much you want to bet on him doing it? Especially when we have other positions that need money spent on them as well...

• Like 1

Just now, Chindie said:

You also can't get taken to the cleaners though. Theres a very limited number of clubs that don't have to take any consideration of the concept of 'value' in their signings, and we aren't one of them.

The numbers being touted for Watkins are absurd. Sure, he might return on that fee, but how much you want to bet on him doing it? Especially when we have other positions that need money spent on them as well...

Agreed.

I'm very sure on Watkins though. More confident on him being a "hit" than Benrahma bearing in mind our current squad makeup.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Bit of a weird viewpoint IMO - Rodriguez is arguably a bigger gamble as he will work out to be a lot more expensive when you consider agent's and signing on fee, plus will likely be on 4 times the wages. 

If a signing like that doesn't work out, it can hold back a team massively in the future.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

and the 100k+ a week that he's likely to be earning

Â