Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I really like Watkins and can see him scoring 12-15 goals in his first season and then perhaps more from that point. I can also see him going through a dry spell next season so we need to stick with him. I reckon 6 goals before Christmas. None till March, then another 6-9.

1 minute ago, MCU said:

Why didn’t we just sign Ivan Toney? 👀

We need to wait a year or two in case they need money for a new training ground 😉

Oh and re sell on’s Newcastle are getting £3m out of the deal, they are increasingly common these days.

44 minutes ago, useless said:

Imagine a scenario where we convert El Ghazi to a centre-forward and next season he's the top goal scorer in the premier league, wins player of the year and is wanted by an host of clubs willng to play a huge sum for his signature. Whoever signed him in that hypothetical scenario wouldn't then put him back on the wing just because he can do a job there, he'd be signed as a centre-forward.

Does he play right back? 😂

If we are getting Watkins, I’d like us to bring in Benrahma too (links have gone quiet but maybe that’s a good thing, linked up well with Watkins and would help the pair to settle & perform more quickly).

Ollie won’t be signed to play wide (makes no sense and why interfere with his progress and form?), he’ll be playing CF where he has developed and hit form. Doesn’t make sense to play him wide where he has never really stood out or “shone” unless it’s covering for injuries etc.

Personally, I would have liked us to go for a bigger signing in that position but who knows? He could be a revelation, needs quality around him to score though...

Benrahma & another winger would be great and much needed.

Honestly though, if these end up as our main signings in attack, I feel we cannot be as ambitious as we hope quite yet and will be making slower progress than anticipated.

Hard to judge anything yet, until we have most of our business completed...

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d honestly just give Brentford 55-60m for Watkins, Henry and Benrahma. Then focus on another winger and a central midfielder. 

Not sure about Watkins as I’d rather have Odsonne Edouard but Henry & Benrahma would be very good signings. I think, well, hoping, that if Villa do sign Watkins they will will also sign Edouard with Davis going out on loan.

Â