Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not exactly competition if we want him.

Guess it might move this deal forward if we are actually interested.  If Fulham get him it means we weren’t interested.

Or they met Brentford s asking price and we didn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

You could be right, but with all due respect, I think you are looking at that with claret coloured spectacles on!

Maybe but I think with this player I think I’m right.  Not because we are bigger or better but all the other factors and close links between people.

Just now, hippo said:

Do you think we wanted Maupay last summer ?

Not seriously, there was rumour about another striker we were interested in that never happened at the final moments outside of the Maupay link.

Just now, nick76 said:

Not seriously, there was rumour about another striker we were interested in that never happened at the final moments outside of the Maupay link.

It's all rumour I know. But it's been suggested DS pulled the plug on Maupay as he believed the price was to high.

• Like 1

If we want him, the sounds are we have the money to do so, then we beat Fulham to the signature no problem.  My reading, possibly bias, is that it's media noise to hurry up our interest, or we aren't actually that interested. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hippo said:

It's all rumour I know. But it's been suggested DS pulled the plug on Maupay as he believed the price was to high.

I heard that from Ash Preece yesterday during his Q&A. Incidentally, he also said Grealish was definitely getting a call up 😂 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rodders said:

If we want him, the sounds are we have the money to do so, then we beat Fulham to the signature no problem.  My reading, possibly bias, is that it's media noise to hurry up our interest, or we aren't actually that interested. 

Or we've not met Brentford's price, will wait to see what Fulham are offering and add a curly wurly and a snap and crackle on top and bob's your mom's new live in lover...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Or he may prefer London? Don’t think it’s as clear cut as if he doesn’t come here we didn’t want him. 

Which is totally fair enough... Brentford to Fulham wouldn’t have to move house, change anything about his life etc, still get paid millions to see if he can make it in the Prem. I’ve made plenty of career decisions on similar grounds (absent being an elite sportsman and the millions).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Or we've not met Brentford's price, will wait to see what Fulham are offering and add a curly wurly and a snap and crackle on top and bob's your mom's new live in lover...

I don't think he's going anywhere until they have signed his replacement, we have just 12 days left before our season starts on 6th Sept (live on Sky), so not long to wait.

• Like 1

Â