Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's astonishing how quickly Chukwuemeka can run slow.

Was just thinking that myself. Its like a Michael Jackson moonwalk in reverse. Also without Aaron playing, Chukuemeka is taking hold of this game by the scruff of the neck. Normally they share the attacking mid stuff but its giving Chuk the chance to do it all himself .

And i love the way they pass and move so quickly

• Like 1

Is George B there or is it Delaney I forget?

He might be having a word half time.

We gave them that by starting to piss about. Kesler started it with a silly flick outside his own box, then we had some slop on the far side before the foul.

We're the much better team. We can ease to a win here.

First 30 mins was a cruise.

We are owning them to be fair despite the Geordies just scoring.

To be honest Newcastle's goal started the moment we made that tactical fouls and earned our first yellow card. It was an unnecessary takedown pulling him from behind.

Our passing has been magnificent, our intercepting reminds me of how our first team were in the first half a season, you can see why we had so much success at shutting down opposition. Whoever has stopped the first team pressing so high needs to sort it out because these lads are having a damn great game and the high press is certainly working for them.

I think we will score more after the break, maybe another 2 or 3. 15 goals so far between this game and the two before that is amazing.

Have seen some excellent play, creativity, determinations from them all and you can see two or three are beyond the level they are currently playing at. I think it would be wise to play some for the remainder of this season in the senior side and see how they go.

Appiah not doing bad, but wouldn't mind seeing Reddin coming on to play on the right with Kesler moving back to right-back, will give us more of a threat down the right hand side. Bradley Young having another good game, seems to go under the radar compared to some of the others, that was his nineteenth goal of the season, Swinkels looks to have good distribution.

Goes without saying that Chukwuemaka is having a good game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

HT - very good, some fantastic football at times - Chukwuemeka and Raikhy have looked great, Barry looks sharp and Swinkels has looked excellent I thought.

I have a feeling we'll need to score more goals. 

We will score more goals but need to I don't think we do, I think Newcastle were very lucky to of scored that as it came from us making a tactical fouls. We should of relied on who were back to deal with the ball, we didn't need to commit that foul. Sometimes you just have to rely on your team mates to deal with the situation and not make silly decisions.

Â