Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

U15s through to the Premier League Floodlit Cup semi-final, after beating Chelsea 3-1 away from home today in the quarter-final. Vincent Hayward and Woody Burgess who have played a couple of ages up for our U18s both scored.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Currently playing Charlton in semi-final of Premier League Cup

Wright, Barber, Smith, Feeney, Munroe, Alcock, Barnes, Kellyman, Kadan Young, Lutz, Wilson

Subs: Proctor, Triston Rowe, Patterson, Pierre, Broggio

Strong line-up, good to see Patterson back in a match day squad for the first time this season.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, useless said:

Currently playing Charlton in semi-final of Premier League Cup

Wright, Barber, Smith, Feeney, Munroe, Alcock, Barnes, Kellyman, Kadan Young, Lutz, Wilson

Subs: Proctor, Triston Rowe, Patterson, Pierre, Broggio

Strong line-up, good to see Patterson back in a match day squad for the first time this season.

Number of U21's faces in there 

Charlton not an easy game, they beat West Brom 4-2 in the last round, also beat Liverpool 8-1 in the group stages as well as beating Wolves, so good win away from home for us. We now play the winner of Sheffield United v Spurs in the final.

We've also got the U16s in the Semi-Final of the Premier League Cup, and U15s in Semi-Final of Premier League Floodlit Cup, these competitions more prestigious at that level as they don't have a league or FA Youth Cup, so basically their major trophy, alongside the PL National Finals, which our U16s have already won, U15 version was meant to be this weekend but had to be called off because of the weather, hopefull can be rescheduled as we would have been one of the favorites for that too.

• Like 4

Playing Brighton at home

Wright, Barber, Katsukunya, Softely, Munroe, Timson, McDowell, Mitchell, Simpson Pavey, Pierre

Subs: Hayward, Fortes, Briscoe, Patterson, Plunkett

A strange line-up because of players being unavailable, four central defenders in the starting line-up, no strikers.

Three U15s on the bench, Elijah Briscoe is a striker, Dante Plunkett is a left-back/winger, I've seen highlights of him looks a very good attacker and was already playing a couple of age up last season for the U16s, Rodrigo Fortes I think is a Brazillian midfielder, or dual qualified, I'm not sure who Hayward is as I don't think it's Vincent Hayward, maybe we have a goalkeeper by that name.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, useless said:

The reason why none of the  U16s are involved or none of the more regular U15s like Lynskey, Burgess, and Vincent Hayward, is because they're playing Man City today in Cup Semi-Final.

Lost 3-0 I thought it would be a tough game, Man City won the U16, U17, and U18 Premier League Cups last season as well as the U18 North title and then National Title, last England U16 game had five of their players in the starting eleven. Still got the U18 version to play for and Floodlit Cup, and possibly U16 PL National Finals if they can be rescheduled.

Edited by useless

On 13/03/2023 at 11:47, BOF said:

The goals from the Charlton win. What a hit from Young.

U18 Premier League Cup final to be held at Villa Park

By Aston Villa FC

Villa Park will host the Under-18 Premier League Cup final between Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur in May.

The two sides will meet at our famous home on Thursday, May 4, kicking off at 7pm.

Ticket details for the game will be published in due course. 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/march/22/u18-premier-league-cup-final-to-be-held-at-villa-park/

• Like 2

Â