Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

Just heard on Talksport, That some club is using retired players to come back and play in the under 23's or 21's, for development purposes.

sounded like a good idea to me, but I am not sure how it fits in with the rules.

To have mentoring during a game, sounded innovative to me.

albeit, I gues the old fashioned "reserves" was a bit like that.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 16:48, TRO said:

Just heard on Talksport, That some club is using retired players to come back and play in the under 23's or 21's, for development purposes.

sounded like a good idea to me, but I am not sure how it fits in with the rules.

To have mentoring during a game, sounded innovative to me.

albeit, I gues the old fashioned "reserves" was a bit like that.

Bring Gabby back :trollface:

Playing Liverpool in  the U18 Premier League Cup:

Lane, Rhoades, Softley, Munroe, Barber, Alcock, McBride, Hart, Tommi O'Reilly, Afoka, Sewell

Subs: Lewis, Teddy Rowe, Pavey, Kadan Young, Moore

Already losing 1-0

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

We've just equalized, Sewell with a penalty. If the stats on the official website are anything to go by then seems like we're giving a good Liverpool team a good game, especially bearing in mind we're missing a number of our better players.

57 minutes ago, useless said:

Playing Liverpool in  the U18 Premier League Cup:

Lane, Rhoades, Softley, Munroe, Barber, Alcock, McBride, Hart, Tommi O'Reilly, Afoka, Sewell

Subs: Lewis, Teddy Rowe, Pavey, Kadan Young, Moore

Already losing 1-0

I don't remember this competition being played last year. U18 premier league cup? Number of youth cups seems to be growing.

U18 Premier League Cup is played every season but was cancelled last season along with the U16 Premier League Cup and replaced with the U17 Premier League Cup, because of covid. This season they've brought the U16 and U18 Premier Leagues back, but for some reason have also kept the U17 Premier League Cup, so that's the one that's the extra tournament that we're playing.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lost 2-1, was an inexperienced side playing against a Liverpool team that are doing well, so no surprise.

Our U16s drew 3-3 with Liverpool in their Premier League Cup game.

Edited by useless

On 16/10/2021 at 00:53, HalfTimePost said:

We signed a senior scout from Brighton last week, Alex Fraser. Apparently highly rated. No word on what role he's doing with us. I assume senior scout too

Disappointing signing according to Football Manager stats.

image.png.38f4e64b3986db4c255483bb27f23148.png

Seriously though Brighton have a very good recruitment set up there so this is a positive. 

Â