Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

I was mispeliing it as 'Afoku' last week, which perhaps sounds worse. Hopefully he can get a deal with us, if it is him then he must be doing something right to have come on off the bench for three games in a row.

Edited by useless

32 minutes ago, useless said:

I was mispeliing it as 'Afoku' last week, which perhaps sounds worse. Hopefully he can get a deal with us, if it is him then he must be doing something right to have come on off the bench for three games in a row.

If he scored in the 2nd minute the score would read

Afoku 2’ ⚽️ 

(I know that’s not his name really though)

4 hours ago, useless said:

I know a few of the names involved with the U16s but beyond that don't know much.

Although I do know that they won 8-0 today as posted on one of the players' instagrams, not sure who they played might have been Reading U16s.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Also has Barry played many games yet, was hoping he'd be near our first team squad this season for the cups

He came off the bench for u23s last night. Don’t forget he is still only 16/17 so plenty of time to grow and develop yet. 

• Like 1

Barry didn't have much of a pre-season, didn't go to the training camp in Wales and as far as I can tell didn't play in any of the U23s' friendly games and then wasn't involved in the first two games of the season, so presumably was injured and is now returning to match fitness.

• Thanks 1

We know he's signed but Bogarde now has an official anouncement...

Aston Villa is pleased to confirm the signing of Dutch defender Lamare Bogarde from Feyenoord. 

The 16-year-old - who has already represented his country at youth level - goes straight into the Academy set-up at Bodymoor Heath.

Bogarde can play at centre-back or as a holding midfielder, with Villa beating several Premier League, Bundesliga and Serie A clubs to his signature. 

Upon Bogarde’s arrival, Academy manager Mark Harrison said: "We are delighted to welcome Lamare to the club.

“He is a player with immense potential and the commitment that will go in to fulfilling that starts now.”

The line-up at the bottom of report for the Reading game on the offical site also confirms that it was Afoka on the bench.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

We know he's signed but Bogarde now has an official anouncement...

Aston Villa is pleased to confirm the signing of Dutch defender Lamare Bogarde from Feyenoord. 

The 16-year-old - who has already represented his country at youth level - goes straight into the Academy set-up at Bodymoor Heath.

Bogarde can play at centre-back or as a holding midfielder, with Villa beating several Premier League, Bundesliga and Serie A clubs to his signature. 

Upon Bogarde’s arrival, Academy manager Mark Harrison said: "We are delighted to welcome Lamare to the club.

“He is a player with immense potential and the commitment that will go in to fulfilling that starts now.”

The line-up at the bottom of report for the Reading game on the offical site also confirms that it was Afoka on the bench.

What is Afoka’s first name? Is he the one we nicked from WBA?

His name's Chisom Afoka, he came through Albion's academy, I found a tweet from back in July that was someone suggesting that he might have turned down a scholarship deal with them, and given that he's now playing for us, I guess that could well have been the case.

• Thanks 1

Aston Villa is pleased to announce the signing of goalkeeper Oliwier Zych.

The youngster arrives from Zaglebie Lubin in Poland and has represented his country at international level.

Villa’s Academy attracted the keeper to Bodymoor Heath amid interest from several clubs across Europe.

Academy manager Mark Harrison said: “We’re really happy to welcome Oliwier to the club.

"This signing, along with all of our new additions, is the result of a lot of hard work in terms of recruitment and further evidence of the club's vision to build a long-term player development strategy, which is backed by Nassef, Wes, Christian and Johan."

• Thanks 1

Â