V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think in Portugal as well you don't have to play there so long to get a passport so would help us with work permits

How would that work after Brexit? Would having an EU passport make getting a work permit easier at that point? I know it’s a standard process now but curious if it will have any benefit from next year on. 
Either way, if this rumour is true then I still think it is great for us even if it is just for youth development. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DublinVilla said:

How would that work after Brexit? Would having an EU passport make getting a work permit easier at that point? I know it’s a standard process now but curious if it will have any benefit from next year on. 
Either way, if this rumour is true then I still think it is great for us even if it is just for youth development. 

I refer you to the most accurate predictor there is of how Brexit will pan out.

Remember Mystic Meg? Look at what she's up to now - OK! Magazine

I believe the common term for how things will pan out is "f**k knows". It looks like they're heading for no deal. Priti wants a point based immigration system based on skills etc.

I can see football being able to circumvent the immigration rules to an extent. Sky (Murdoch) need PL to be the most attractive product possible and to do that it needs the best talent available on the world market. Murdoch essentially controls the UK government through the media so I can see him having a very strong indirect influence when it comes to something like the PL.

Actually, thinking about it further, the best course of action might be to purchase an Irish club 😀 and bring them in that way through obtaining Irish nationality, and then using the common travel area between the two countries although I'm not clued up enough on that policy to understand how that affects working (in this case playing football) in the UK. I just know when I was working there that it was handy because you never had to queue up at passport control. There is also the added problem of the quality of the League of Ireland - the less said there the better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think in Portugal as well you don't have to play there so long to get a passport so would help us with work permits

5 years and like DV said we now have Brexit so it might not make a difference

still think it offers us an expansion of the scouting network though both in terms of Portuguese players and south americans using it as a gateway whilst potentially providing us with an opportunity to send some players out there to gain experience

obviously all guessing and there might be no link between us but its hard to see any negatives around it, its not like he's going to neglect us in favour of them

kits are made by macron though so I wont be going completely overboard and getting in to the merch ;) that said last years were smart

See the source image

Edited by villa4europe

21 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Being reported that Sawiris is looking to purchase a stake in Vitoria. I think it would likely be a very good move for us as a club as well. It will allow us to get our youth players experience at a less competitive level whilst playing against fully grown men as well as giving us access to South American markets further expanding our pool of potential youth candidates.

I reckon it could be a truly brilliant move for this club.

Could you link the report?

1 minute ago, useless said:

There was no article about it as far as I'm aware it was a writer for the Guaridan that originally tweeted about it...

And James Nursey tweeted this...

This is what I saw as well

Seems they've started taking an interest in young English talent recently, Marcus Edwards and Sulliman, and earlier this month were tryng to sign Danny Loader from Reading, but looks like he might be going to Porto now.

• 2 weeks later...
Â