Johan Lange

hippo

I  don't think Balague has the best of reputations when it comes to being accurate, what he's saying now is obviously one side of the story and obviously it's going to put Suso in a more positive light because that's where the information is coming from. There may well be some truth to it, but it's probably purposely being spun in a way to make Suso look better after losing his job, I bet there's a lot more to it than just Suso wanting Nnzonzi and Smith wanting Drinkwater, and even if that were true it's just one transfer.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We are the club that signed Emile Heskey over Falcao mate....

Im old enough to remember us selling Steve foster for £70k - then paying £450k for the guy (Paul Elloit)  that foster kept out of the side at Brighton ! - Dark days 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villakram said:

We'll know soon enough. If Suso is in the right here, he'll be snapped up by another club. Were Purslow to be a large part of the problem here would not in anyway be a surprise. 

CEO's are rarley popular though TBF

49 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Just seen some tweets from Guilleme Balague concerning Suso and why he left, he tweeted in Spanish, I've just run it through Google Translate:

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague

I've no idea if any of that is true mind...

This just screams like an agent trying to save his client's face by leaking a garbage story.  I've fired people in my line of work, and they've spun the situation to their former coworkers after the fact which makes them look like the victim.  Example, I fired someone for theft (on camera) and he told a lot of people (including local media outlets) he was let go for trying to unionize the workforce and that was the reason I let him go.   

"No...  I wasn't responsible for signing that waste of space Drinkwater...  That was my boss and my partner...  I wanted someone better, they just didn't listen to me..."

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

This just screams like an agent trying to save his client's face by leaking a garbage story.  I've fired people in my line of work, and they've spun the situation to their former coworkers after the fact which makes them look like the victim.  Example, I fired someone for theft (on camera) and he told a lot of people (including local media outlets) he was let go for trying to unionize the workforce and that was the reason I let him go.   

"No...  I wasn't responsible for signing that waste of space Drinkwater...  That was my boss and my partner...  I wanted someone better, they just didn't listen to me..."

Yeah I remember when Mcleish left - any player that started the following  season well , good ole Mccleish had them lined up to join villa - even reckons it was himself who spotted Benteke.

Edited by hippo
  • Like 1

Suso was basiclaly a guy with contacts with agents and scouts and that helped with recruitment, and that served it's purpose, all this illustrates all the more why we need a proper Director of Football in place, who has more responsibility and is there to run the footballing side of things off the field, leave others to do what they're good at.

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I can't remember Balague being correct about anything ever.

Don't understand this bit.

I read it as Suso and Smith have taken blame for issues that are down to Purslow 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I don't.

many of the press of saying they are reviewing the recruitment process. I think the Susso replacement will be some way off and will have a narrower role than Susso said. I would imagine we already have some player transfer targets in mind and will crack on with these first.   

I suppose we’ll see. John Percy did suggest the position was seen as a ‘priority’. I couldn’t comment as to whether the future role would be narrower or not, as I don’t know exactly what Suso did. His interviews were always lighter and more jovial than technical. Maybe I missed some info?

1 minute ago, useless said:

Suso was basiclaly a guy with contacts with agents and scouts and that helped with recruitment, and that served it's purpose, all this illustrates all the more why we need a proper Director of Football in place, who has more responsibility and is there to run the footballing side of things off the field, leave others to do what they're good at.

Rightly or wrongly I think we are going to get the opposite. Sounds like a bit of restructure going on before a new face is in place.

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

Im old enough to remember us selling Steve foster for £70k - then paying £450k for the guy (Paul Elloit)  that foster kept out of the side at Brighton ! - Dark days 

We bought Elliot from Luton not Brighton , elliot never ever was at  Brighton 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I suppose we’ll see. John Percy did suggest the position was seen as a ‘priority’. I couldn’t comment as to whether the future role would be narrower or not, as I don’t know exactly what Suso did. His interviews were always lighter and more jovial than technical. Maybe I missed some info?

I think if JP is correct the new guy would be unveiled very soon - and would hopefully have done some work behind the scenes - next week or so should tell us much.

Just now, KAZZAM said:

I hope they have someone lined up immediately .It seems mad considering how little time there is before next season starts.

Maybe they have targets in mind already and can crack on with these. The new SD might come on board further down the line. 

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Rightly or wrongly I think we are going to get the opposite. Sounds like a bit of restructure going on before a new face is in place.

Has this been reported reliably? Or just a gut feeling. I’ve just not seen much about it myself. Wouldn’t mind having a read of some things if you could pass it on? 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Has this been reported reliably? Or just a gut feeling. I’ve just not seen much about it myself. Wouldn’t mind having a read of some things if you could pass it on? 

Nah - just mentioned by one or two journo's in passing. Just my thoughts based on years of  "they must have someone lined up" when it turns out they hadn't.

No ITK to be had sorry.

• Thanks 1

Â