Johan Lange

hippo

On 30/07/2020 at 09:25, useless said:

Frederik Leth is Copenhagen's head of scouting and data analysis, thought he might be coming as well, but they've said on their website that he's going to be helping fill the void left by Lange's departure.

Well it sounds now like he (Leth) is going to join us as "head of football research" 

Worked with Lange for 7 years at Copenhagen and replaced him when he left for Villa, resigned in November and has now seemingly worked his notice.

Obviously very close with Lange so would appear a good appointments, we've recruited so many people over the last 12 months they really are building in every area of the club.

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Worked with Lange for 7 years at Copenhagen and replaced him when he left for Villa, resigned in November and has now seemingly worked his notice.

Obviously very close with Lange so would appear a good appointments, we've recruited so many people over the last 12 months they really are building in every area of the club.

It’s crazy how many back office staff we have employed in key roles that I didn’t know existed.   Who did all these roles before? Doris the tea lady? 

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

It’s crazy how many back office staff we have employed in key areas that I didn’t existed.   Who did all these roles before? Doris the tea lady? 

Says two things doesn't it, first how lacking in structure the club was previously and how serious these guys are about taking the club forward.

• Like 2

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Says two things doesn't it, first how lacking in structure the club was previously and how serious these guys are about taking the club forward.

TBF the article says only Chelsea & Man City only even utilize this "Head of Research" role which tells me that exact same thing. Our owners mean business (but we already knew that)

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

TBF the article says only Chelsea & Man City only even utilize this "Head of Research" role which tells me that exact same thing. Our owners mean business (but we already knew that)

I've not read it, interesting didn't know that. It is just the latest example though, I make it 6 or 7 appointments they've made in our football structure in the last 6 months.

• Like 1

In the words of Jon Hamm in the film The Town in 2010 this really is the not fcuking about crew.

They are investing heavily for success rather than self promotion. And as a result if the club is worth far more in the future then they have done their job. 

Just a note that there are many many many great examples in the PL of what not to do building a squad.

Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton are so bloated with overpaid players they and no one else wants.

Although it's a pain having no depth, it's actually nice that we don't have to ship too much out before we bring in quality.

If we're spending big for one more summer, we can definitely move ahead of at least two of these. They simply cannot afford to strengthen why laying out £100k a week on players like Phil Jones, Juan Mata, Dele Alli, Erik Lamela, David Luiz, Fabian Delph, Bernard. 

Keep Jack, spend sensibly, we can have a serious run at top 6 IMO.

Edited by Tomaszk

On 04/02/2021 at 21:53, Tomaszk said:

Just a note that there are many many many great examples in the PL of what not to do building a squad.

Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton are so bloated with overpaid players they and no one else wants.

Although it's a pain having no depth, it's actually nice that we don't have to ship too much out before we bring in quality.

If we're spending big for one more summer, we can definitely move ahead of at least two of these. They simply cannot afford to strengthen why laying out £100k a week on players like Phil Jones, Juan Mata, Dele Alli, Erik Lamela, David Luiz, Fabian Delph, Bernard. 

Keep Jack, spend sensibly, we can have a serious run at top 6 IMO.

Sergio Romero - 4th choice keeper at United at the minute according to Solskjaer. It's madness. Although I suspect he would be picked ahead of Lee Grant if the first two got injured.

30 minutes ago, sne said:

Remember last season when we had something like 7 keepers on our books :D 

Remeber the season before where we had a squad made up of goalkeepers and right backs?

Â